Self teach an A level in One year Watch

yo_dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by yo_dude)
Another thing, my gcse's were OK (1A* 6A 1B).. However, if I did get rejected from my top choices, I would assume it was based on the judgement of my gcse's i.e. LSE. Is there a way around this? as it would be pointless to re-apply since they use it as such a disriminating factor of the application process. Thanks
Can anyone ellaborate? Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
I dont really know whether its pointless to reapply if you have another A Level because your entry profile will be better than before, also you could do some related work experience during your gap year. What subjects are you doing and what degree do you want to do?
yo_dude
Rep:
?
An economics degree course, subjects: maths, economics, art, psychology.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
Art is probably classed as an LSE mickey mouse subject so its a good idea for you to do the extra A Level as Economics at LSE is highly competitive, other than LSE where else would you liek to go?
yo_dude
Rep:
?
I realise the perceptions of Art amongst several uni's. However I chose art because i'm good at it (without being arrogant hehe) .. being realistic though, LSE will reject me, despite having straight A's because they don't really appreciate people who have artistic abilities along with other academic subjects, or so I hear. I would like to go to Durham or Bristol.. competitive also i know.. which is why i'll probably end up being rejected, therefore will have to take physics at both AS and A2 and re-apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (222)
28.03%
No (570)
71.97%

Watched Threads