The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yo_dude

Another thing, my gcse's were OK (1A* 6A 1B).. However, if I did get rejected from my top choices, I would assume it was based on the judgement of my gcse's i.e. LSE. Is there a way around this? as it would be pointless to re-apply since they use it as such a disriminating factor of the application process. Thanks :smile:

Can anyone ellaborate? Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.
Reply 21
I dont really know whether its pointless to reapply if you have another A Level because your entry profile will be better than before, also you could do some related work experience during your gap year. What subjects are you doing and what degree do you want to do?
Reply 22
An economics degree course, subjects: maths, economics, art, psychology.
Reply 23
Art is probably classed as an LSE mickey mouse subject so its a good idea for you to do the extra A Level as Economics at LSE is highly competitive, other than LSE where else would you liek to go?
Reply 24
I realise the perceptions of Art amongst several uni's. However I chose art because i'm good at it (without being arrogant hehe) .. being realistic though, LSE will reject me, despite having straight A's because they don't really appreciate people who have artistic abilities along with other academic subjects, or so I hear. I would like to go to Durham or Bristol.. competitive also i know.. which is why i'll probably end up being rejected, therefore will have to take physics at both AS and A2 and re-apply :frown:

Latest