HELP! I forgot to indicate which question i answered in the exam paper

Watch this thread
Silence_seeker
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Will they still mark my paper? I'm so scared now I did unit 1 edexcel politics. They said you had to put a cross for the question you answered but I forgot Has anyone done this before? Please give me advice
Liam 09
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
Hmm, I haven't done that before, but I have a feeling common sense will prevail and the examiner will realise which question you are talking about. I would hope so anyway.
bigmo7
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I would think a lot of people would so something like this tbh. I wouldn't worry about it that much, I've done it before for internal exams for University and it's worked out fine.
mr tim
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Thing is though, the examiner have a lot of papers to mark, I don't think they will like it if they keep on having to find out what questions you've done. They may penalise you for that, but I think it depends on the examiner.

Also was it a choice question, where you had to pick which questions you want to answer? could take longer...
Silence_seeker
Rep:
(Original post by mr tim)
Thing is though, the examiner have a lot of papers to mark, I don't think they will like it if they keep on having to find out what questions you've done. They may penalise you for that, but I think it depends on the examiner.

Also was it a choice question, where you had to pick which questions you want to answer? could take longer...
It was the question I did best in so even if they penalise me, I dont care, just want it to be marked
We only have to choose 2 out of 4 questions so it would be quite obvious to the examiner which question I've done . Thanks for your input anw
Silence_seeker
Rep:
Anyone else?
whyumadtho
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
You should be fine. As bigmo7 said, I'm sure many other people do this, and putting the question is a matter of convenience for the examiner, as opposed to an absolute necessity.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Lol don't worry. It speeds things up for them (especially if you write some **** poor essay where they can't even tell wtf you're talking about/addressing), but you're not going to be failed or anything.
Funkss!
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mr tim)

I don't see how they could penalise you for something like that, I would hope they wouldn't be able to anyway.

I should think it will be fine anyway OP, I doubt that you're the first or last person to do something like that. I'd just forget about it and leave it be.
demirules101
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Edexcel put the little boxes in a place no-one would ever look -_-
I did that once and i don't think it mattered! dont stress about it, im sure you'll be fine!!!
Panda Bear
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Makes no difference at all. It's only there to speed up the marking process for the examiner. If s/he can't tell what question you've answered from reading your answer (assuming it was relevant to either of the questions) then s/he shouldn't be marking for Edexcel. So yeah, nothing to worry about. You won't be penalised either.
Exer
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I did the same thing (on the same paper as well lol), apparently it will be ok though. Guess we will find out in August...
Silence_seeker
Rep:
(Original post by Exer)
I did the same thing (on the same paper as well lol), apparently it will be ok though. Guess we will find out in August...
Lol at least we have each other!!!
a.byrnie
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by demirules101)
Edexcel put the little boxes in a place no-one would ever look -_-
I did that once and i don't think it mattered! dont stress about it, im sure you'll be fine!!!
So true! I almost missed it on today's Economics exam and because of that I realised I missed it in last week's!

Don't think it matters because it's not a blank answer booklet; the questions are above the answer spaces anyway.
madders94
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
For WJEC, you have to write the number of the questions you answered, in order, in the box on the front of the booklet you write in. For my Psychology exam, I was the only one in my class who forgot to do it, and the only one in my class who got an A.
DeadGirlsDance
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
my eng teacher said that most examiners will mark each as a diff question unless they're in a bad mood, but i doubt they'll mark you down after all they want people to pass
JWool
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Did it effect your grade? as I just did the same thing.
sarah97719
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JWool)
Did it effect your grade? as I just did the same thing.
Yeah me too!
harriet95
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sarah97719)
Yeah me too!

same!! but i did it for a history exam on wednesday and i think i might have put the wrong Q numbers in next to my answers instead of not putting them there at all..what do you guys think will happen? because im pretty sure that it would be harsh for the examiner to mark it as the other questions...
Fuenciado
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by harriet95)
same!! but i did it for a history exam on wednesday and i think i might have put the wrong Q numbers in next to my answers instead of not putting them there at all..what do you guys think will happen? because im pretty sure that it would be harsh for the examiner to mark it as the other questions...
They're got to realise that during exams people get stressed and just want to get the answers down so this thing probably happens a fair amount. I think they'll realise what you've done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads