The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Was there any serious intent on our end to sign Jones? I'm well aware that the pro-ManU media are painting the whole affair as a 11th hour bid, hijacking our transfer target, but does anybody seriously believe this to be the case? I must admit, when I saw we were linked with the lad I was overcome with excitement at the prospect of having a touted future England captain, despite not having seen him play. I followed twitter intently, I tweeted all my friends, I was giddy like a kid. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't think Kenny ever had any intention of signing him. I think Kenny has gotten Mr Ferguson hook, line and sinker by forcing them to buy out his release clause. I also now think Jones looks pretty ****, and we don't need him after all.

We're all well aware of ManU's financial difficulties. What we aren't aware of is how we, Liverpool, can exploit it. For too long now have we laid down and been metaphorically ****ed by the likes of ManU and Chelsea in the transfer window. Now, under Kenny the situation is reversing. I don't think we ever had any intention of signing Jones -- I think it was a foil. I think that Mr Ferguson is so obsessed with us and our club, that he would do anything within his power to stop us getting our targets. Or players we're pretending are our targets.

Take Ashley Young as an example. I bet Mr. Ferguson is getting his jollies off at the prospect of destroying any potential move here, but quite frankly, what sort of maniac would offer £100k wages per week for a winger who isn't even likely to get a game? We aren't that sort of maniac, I'll tell you that, but it seems Mr. Ferguson is. While Mr. Ferguson is fretting himself and having sleepless nights trying to "steal" Young from us, we're free to move on our intended target: Downing. Downing is the real gem at Villa. And we've fooled Mr. Ferguson, their "fans" and the media all in 1 fell swoop.

You see, I don't think ManU have a warchest of anything more than £70m for this transfer window. They've reportedly blown £20m~ on a goalkeeper, while we have the best GK in the world. They've blown £20m+ on a 20~ year old fledgling international (ridiculous money for somebody so young) and are about to blow another £20m on a winger they don't need, and one we don't want. And this is all because of our Kenny.

I genuinely can see ManU faltering this year. While they've already squandered £60m+, they are yet to replenish the area that really needs strengthening - midfield. Moreover, while they are now scratching their heads and are wondering where they can get a quality central midfielder for £10m, we are secretly negotiating the transfer of the best central midfielder on the market right now. Step forward Charlie Adam. I can't wait to see Mr. Fergusons face when pro-ManU Sky announce this on deadline day.

Look a year back, and how far we've come as a club. Do you honestly think Hodgson could of got us the likes of Charlie Adam? Our Kenny is a genius for reinventing the transfer window. I genuinely believe we have what it takes to stroll to the title this year, while ManU will fade into obscurity. With an attack of Suarez/Carroll, flanked by Downing/Kuyt and followed up by Gerrard/Adam, we can really damage any team in the league. And when we unveil Dann (our real target) as our new centreback at the club, the whole country will stop and be overcome with awe. **** your Smallings, your Kellys and that ilk. We have Kelly, Ayala and a whole academy ready to knock you off your perch Mr. Ferguson. And there's nothing you can do about it.

#19 here we come.
Original post by Stirlo
Is there a point to this other than wasting a minute of my time with drivel? I was actually fairly interested in reading what was to come after the first paragraph to see where it let to, but then it just descended into nothingness and turned into a slate-fest of the club you are apparently claiming to support. GTFO

Well said brother.

Have some of my rep. :cool:
Original post by ArcticRed
The Walls Of Nonsensical Drivel

So much inundated bile in your posts. Must stop reading them or may suffer brain malfunction.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
So much inundated bile in your posts. Must stop reading them or may suffer brain malfunction.

More like "i dont want to cannot read because i am scared of anything with more than one paragraph for fear of actually learning something." :s-smilie:

Read the damn thing, then make comments.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1064
More like "i dont want to cannot read because i am scared of anything with more than one paragraph for fear of actually learning something." :s-smilie:

Read the damn thing, then make comments.

I've, foolishly, read all 3 of your posts. The first two you spend all your time putting Liverpool down at every opportunity. You're entitled to your opinion, but the opinion you expressed does not belong in this thread or anything Liverpool related thread. It belongs in some pro-manc sleeze bag newpaper article.

Also what's with your third post is it some half-hearted attempt to salvage some respect? As it is verging on actually being pro-liverpool for once...
Original post by Stirlo
I've, foolishly, read all 3 of your posts. The first two you spend all your time putting Liverpool down at every opportunity. You're entitled to your opinion, but the opinion you expressed does not belong in this thread or anything Liverpool related thread. It belongs in some pro-manc sleeze bag newspaper article.
The Sun. (The Scum) :rolleyes:

Also what's with your third post is it some half-hearted attempt to salvage some respect? As it is verging on actually being pro-liverpool for once...

I think he's being sarcastic with the Young and Downing thing.

I think Mata is a better signing if Liverpool eventually put the transfer off. It would be one hell of a signing.

Its better to just ignore him in my opinion :smile:
Reply 1066

I think Mata is a better signing if Liverpool eventually put the transfer off. It would be one hell of a signing.

Nice edit :P I know I should ignore him I just find myself drawn into reading it :facepalm:

Just too unrealistic at present. I just can't see why he would come to us right now. He's playing CL football next year, and Chelsea/City would be much better options for him... That said, there is still a small chance, unlike some other transfers we've been linked with (Pato and Aguero :eek::confused::rolleyes:)
The Mata stuff is all just hopeful chatter and people trying to fill their columns in their papers. He's still away with the U-21 and is playing in the final soon.

His agent is his dad who will obviously be at the tournament cheering his son on, not flying all over the place to talk to clubs. Give it another couple of weeks and then expect some movement.
Original post by Zerforax
The Mata stuff is all just hopeful chatter and people trying to fill their columns in their papers. He's still away with the U-21 and is playing in the final soon.

His agent is his dad who will obviously be at the tournament cheering his son on, not flying all over the place to talk to clubs. Give it another couple of weeks and then expect some movement.

That's what the line was anyway, that Mata will discuss his future after the completion of the U21's tournament...
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
That's what the line was anyway, that Mata will discuss his future after the completion of the U21's tournament...

Whats your view on the matter?
Original post by lazy smurf
Whats your view on the matter?

lol

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1072
Original post by Zerforax

It wasn't started by the papers though. It was Ballague who said it originally on Revista de la Liga I think, so blame him for giving us all a potentially false hope in signing him ^^
Another Twitter rumour; apparently there’s a Guillem Balague out there who said that Juan Mata will definitely leave Valencia for a Premier League club. Once again, I have never said that Mata will going to any specified destination. The facts are that Juan Mata could leave Spain if a club makes a bid in the region of €18 22 million and the player would find it be unlikely to turn down the move if the bid came from a top Premier League outfit. That might happen, it might not.

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?titulo=On%20Mourinho,%20Mata,%20Torres%20and%20Twitter&id=588

Metro suggesting that Barcelona are now also tracking Mata AND that he will not discuss his future until after the U21s.

It seems unlikely that we'll be able to compete with some of the offers from other teams. I'd imagine that whoever misses out on Sanchez will go for Mata.

Leaving us to pay £19 million for Stewart Downing. :colonhash:
Original post by milan5baros
Metro suggesting that Barcelona are now also tracking Mata AND that he will not discuss his future until after the U21s.

It seems unlikely that we'll be able to compete with some of the offers from other teams. I'd imagine that whoever misses out on Sanchez will go for Mata.

Leaving us to pay £19 million for Stewart Downing. :colonhash:

Sanchez will go to Barcelona.

I expect Man City to move for Hazard instead as they'll want a winger similar to Sanchez after missing out him. He was Man City's number 1 target this summer.

I can't see Mata joining Barcelona as well. It would certainly bring Pedro's future into question if they did, as well as signing Sanchez.

Stirlo is right. Ballague said on Revista De La Liga that Mata is a fan of Liverpool and would love to play for them in the Premier League.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool went for Downing as well as Mata to be honest. You need out and out wingers to deliver crosses for Carroll.

That Dmitri Payet you've been linked with is absolute class as well. Definitely worth the purchase. Im a big fan of the French league as I like clubs like Lyon and Marseille who play nice football. He is a very, very good winger and much better than Marveaux.

I expect Man City to move for Hazard instead as they'll want a winger similar to Sanchez after missing out him. He was Man City's number 1 target this summer.

I can't see Mata joining Barcelona as well. It would certainly bring Pedro's future into question if they did, as well as signing Sanchez.

Stirlo is right. Ballague said on Revista De La Liga that Mata is a fan of Liverpool and would love to play for them in the Premier League.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool went for Downing as well as Mata to be honest. You need out and out wingers to deliver crosses for Carroll.

That Dmitri Payet you've been linked with is absolute class as well. Definitely worth the purchase. Im a big fan of the French league as I like clubs like Lyon and Marseille who play nice football. He is a very, very good winger and much better than Marveaux.

Good post this.
Ladies, gentlemen, fellow Liverpool supporters…. Let me deliver the next of my incessant ranting speeches don’t worry, it’s a short one this time

I am sure, and I am sure that all of you, are sick to death, frantically butthurt over our local crosstown rivals, The mancs, who currently reside in Castle greyskull, theatre of screams, etc etc… Since that final day of the 1990 season, Liverpool fans celebrated an record 18th league title, under the king Kenny of anfield. Little did we know that it will be the last time we will be lifting the league for a very long time, and. The man who put us out of the light of English football, the man who has “knocked us off our ******* perch” as he so put it, sits there in castle greyskull, a bottle of whisky in one hand, and a plate of biscuits lovingly served up to him by his best friend, Howard webb, Laughing at us. Yes, that’s right, old whiskey-nose, baconface, Sir Barclay of the premier league has singlehandedly displaced Liverpool from top of the pile after bribing and cheating his way to Winning league title 19. 18 - 7, i hear you say, How did we let an 18 - 7 lead slip?

Liverpool, due to Manchester have now become the laughing stock of the premier league, we have gone from back to back European cups and leagues to relegation strugglers and the likes of steau bucharesti, fk rabotnichki and rot weib oberhausen to look forward to in the europa league. Whilst having to watch Manchester united trying to get up to 5 champions leagues. However friends, all is not lost. If we still had Hodgson in charge we may right now be preparing to host the likes of Scunthorpe, Leeds, Hull and Sheffield, and in no position to reclaim what is rightfully ours.

How dare ferguson win 19 league titles, How dare he win trophies, does he not know who we are? Does he not know what he is doing to the people of Liverpool?

Now, I know what you will say, “we still have our 5 european cups” but how long before Sir alex is able to win two more champions leagues of his own? To be honest they look more likely to win it than us. For 20 years we have had to endure the mancs bribe and corrupt their way to win league after league after league, while we, have sat there shrugging it off, falsely reassuring ourselves “hell never catch us, we have 18 and he doesn’t!” Well gone are those days. Now we are the chasers. And now we have good old king Kenny to lead us homewards…. An alternative of course, and we can always do this, is to bribe good old sir alex into not winning anymore European cups, thereby cementing our position forever as the most successful European team in england., Heck, even if they take our 5 champions leagues we still have our 4 europa leagues, which we know they’ll never take from us…

What are we going to do about united, or more specifically Slurgie fergie. Well, seeing as he is the omnipotent overlord of the FA, and premier league it doesn’t look like there is much we can do. But friends. We must win the title. As good Liverpool, who represent the true virtues of football we must win the league, we can’t let fergie win! A man who has the media wrapped around his hand, who intimidates and bullies. The likes of the sun, and other media outlets now have a permanent love-in with united, and belittle us at every opportunity our achievements and successes. What must we do? Well, one alternative is to play the waiting game.. just simply sit on our asses for the next ten years, and wait for Ferguson to either kick the bucket or retire, (the latter looking very unlikely) But all is not lost. We have king Kenny, A man who wins league titles for fun. I bet he has old bacon faces ass twitching like an altar boy in a church. Right now, as I write he is planning a special plan to boot fergie off his perch

Onwards redmen, Let King kennys will be done
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1078
Ladies, gentlemen, fellow Liverpool supporters…. Let me deliver the next of my incessant ranting speeches don’t worry, it’s a short one this time

I am sure, and I am sure that all of you, are sick to death, frantically butthurt over our local crosstown rivals, The mancs, who currently reside in Castle greyskull, theatre of screams, etc etc… Since that final day of the 1990 season, Liverpool fans celebrated an record 18th league title, under the king Kenny of anfield. Little did we know that it will be the last time we will be lifting the league for a very long time, and. The man who put us out of the light of English football, the man who has “knocked us off our ******* perch” as he so put it, sits there in castle greyskull, a bottle of whisky in one hand, and a plate of biscuits lovingly served up to him by his best friend, Howard webb, Laughing at us. Yes, that’s right, old whiskey-nose, baconface, Sir Barclay of the premier league has singlehandedly displaced Liverpool from top of the pile after bribing and cheating his way to Winning league title 19. 18 - 7, i hear you say, How did we let an 18 - 7 lead slip?

Liverpool, due to Manchester have now become the laughing stock of the premier league, we have gone from back to back European cups and leagues to relegation strugglers and the likes of steau bucharesti, fk rabotnichki and rot weib oberhausen to look forward to in the europa league. Whilst having to watch Manchester united trying to get up to 5 champions leagues. However friends, all is not lost. If we still had Hodgson in charge we may right now be preparing to host the likes of Scunthorpe, Leeds, Hull and Sheffield, and in no position to reclaim what is rightfully ours.

How dare ferguson win 19 league titles, How dare he win trophies, does he not know who we are? Does he not know what he is doing to the people of Liverpool?

Now, I know what you will say, “we still have our 5 european cups” but how long before Sir alex is able to win two more champions leagues of his own? To be honest they look more likely to win it than us. For 20 years we have had to endure the mancs bribe and corrupt their way to win league after league after league, while we, have sat there shrugging it off, falsely reassuring ourselves “hell never catch us, we have 18 and he doesn’t!” Well gone are those days. Now we are the chasers. And now we have good old king Kenny to lead us homewards…. An alternative of course, and we can always do this, is to bribe good old sir alex into not winning anymore European cups, thereby cementing our position forever as the most successful European team in england., Heck, even if they take our 5 champions leagues we still have our 4 europa leagues, which we know they’ll never take from us…

What are we going to do about united, or more specifically Slurgie fergie. Well, seeing as he is the omnipotent overlord of the FA, and premier league it doesn’t look like there is much we can do. But friends. We must win the title. As good Liverpool, who represent the true virtues of football we must win the league, we can’t let fergie win! A man who has the media wrapped around his hand, who intimidates and bullies. The likes of the sun, and other media outlets now have a permanent love-in with united, and belittle us at every opportunity our achievements and successes. What must we do? Well, one alternative is to play the waiting game.. just simply sit on our asses for the next ten years, and wait for Ferguson to either kick the bucket or retire, (the latter looking very unlikely) But all is not lost. We have king Kenny, A man who wins league titles for fun. I bet he has old bacon faces ass twitching like an altar boy in a church. Right now, as I write he is planning a special plan to boot fergie off his perch

Onwards redmen, Let King kennys will be done

Shouldn't you be trying to finger anything that moves instead of acting like a knob on the internet.

I only meant that Mata would join Barca if they don't get Sanchez. That deal is stalling a bit at present, but I agree it will probably go through in the end.

Eden Hazard is likely to stay at Lille this summer, and he'll probably go to Real Madrid. That means if Man City need a winger, which targeting Sanchez suggests then they'll come in for Mata next. Hopefully Mata will choose a club for footballing reasons rather than for money.

Latest