This discussion is closed.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by tomek J.)
Go to Oxford, LSE isn't as good as many people like to believe...there are lots of people at LSE who are frustrated Oxbridge rejects and who think they are the "modern urban elite".
Hehe, where do you go/are you going?
miss perfect
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Hehe, where do you go/are you going?
if you like lse then why are you going to oxford? is it status thing?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by miss perfect)
if you like lse then why are you going to oxford? is it status thing?
Mhmhmh. Pembroke is such a lovely college, and i really felt at home there. But i also like LSE from the Open lectures + self tours i have been on. I would love to do a postgrad course at LSE.
quinnbrakes
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Same I thought Pembroke was awesome. The first years were really nice always checking up on you. Whole place felt really friendly despite the everyone being a nervous wreck.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by quinnbrakes)
Same I thought Pembroke was awesome. The first years were really nice always checking up on you. Whole place felt really friendly despite the everyone being a nervous wreck.
Yep i was so surprised by the friendliness of the place! And didn't it feel so homely? What stairwell did u sleep in? I slept in 17, it was so lovely ensuite and all...but costs 147quid a week :eek:
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cant really remember i was in the crappy quod at the back in the pink House. My room was awful though. I loved the place. Was pretty but not too grand. Definately see myself living there next year.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cant really remember i was in the crappy quod at the back in the pink House. My room was awful though. I loved the place. Was pretty but not too grand. Definately see myself living there next year.

Why was your room so awful? I will probs be staying in one not too dissimilar than yours next year...can't afford Band C or D
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Dont worry the room itself was fine I just couldnt work out how turn off the radiator so it was boiling. It was band A and looked the same as the others but just smaller.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Dont worry the room itself was fine I just couldnt work out how turn off the radiator so it was boiling. It was band A and looked the same as the others but just smaller.
Okay! I hope that's the case, its still bloody 87 quid a week!
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know! Tis ridiculas. Got to think that ur not actually there for that many weeks so overall its not too bad compared to say London. I wonder who the hell will go for the D ones? You reckon u could get given a more expensive one that u asked for and would you have to pay the bigger fee if u did?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know! Tis ridiculas. Got to think that ur not actually there for that many weeks so overall its not too bad compared to say London. I wonder who the hell will go for the D ones? You reckon u could get given a more expensive one that u asked for and would you have to pay the bigger fee if u did?
Yeah, u dont feel in the forms til July time and find out late August. It's all done on available space.
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Would be awesome if u got an ensuite but didnt have to pay for it. U reckon u could fill out the form earlier if u've not got to get any grades? Might help getting the room u want.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Would be awesome if u got an ensuite but didnt have to pay for it. U reckon u could fill out the form earlier if u've not got to get any grades? Might help getting the room u want.

Yeah a friend suggested that! But they send it out in July for everyone. I have only just made up my mind that Pem is for me Am really looking forward to going!
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Sure am. Was pretty def. was not going to get in! Have promised to myself ill make the most of it. Tis a true privilage.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Sure am. Was pretty def. was not going to get in! Have promised to myself ill make the most of it. Tis a true privilage.
Indeed it is, I think having Christ Church opposite is quite funny...it looks really scary,hehe. Apparently Pem boys pee in their fountains a lot
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Quite ready to carry on the tradition. I know some one at Christ Church and he's an absolute chump.

Reckon if u didnt know it was there you'd never find pembroke its just a door in a wall. Like some Narnia story.

You know what jool's problem with the place is? He seems to **** it off in every post he writes.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Quite ready to carry on the tradition. I know some one at Christ Church and he's an absolute chump.

Reckon if u didnt know it was there you'd never find pembroke its just a door in a wall. Like some Narnia story.

You know what jool's problem with the place is? He seems to **** it off in every post he writes.

Hehe, i think he stresses the financial difference of Pem and other colleges-which is true! Tho' I reckon Pem is a lil treasure!

I know-missed Pembroke a few times while there for interviews. Walked past it and ended outside that ligh/electrical shop and had to turn around.
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Decided im gonna become a billionarie and donate it all to pembroke and come back and laugh at Christ Church.
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So it's Oxford today then?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Decided im gonna become a billionarie and donate it all to pembroke and come back and laugh at Christ Church.

I was trying to think about how I can raise money once there. But you know the person paid to do that (Development officer) was forced to resign 2 years ago after accepting £100,000 to create an extra place for a law student...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (56)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (177)
15.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (128)
10.97%
Lack of purpose or motivation (165)
14.14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (51)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.83%
Loneliness (101)
8.65%
Financial worries (39)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (56)
4.8%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.8%
Lack of real life entertainment (62)
5.31%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (104)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (104)
8.91%

Watched Threads