Is anyone applying to/studying in the US?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JFN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hey everyone.. I can see that a lot of you study or hope to study in the UK (with a handful of oxbridge hopefuls!). Out of curiousity, are any of you looking at the US for higher education?
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by JFN)
Hey everyone.. I can see that a lot of you study or hope to study in the UK (with a handful of oxbridge hopefuls!). Out of curiousity, are any of you looking at the US for higher education?
Nope.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Too expensive...
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by JFN)
yes....
Alexander04
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
yes....
Waiting2smile said the first years in the us ain't quite up to the a level standard, she should no cos she studied in the us for about half a year, her parents are moving there as well next year.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Alexander04)
Waiting2smile said the first years in the us ain't quite up to the a level standard, she should no cos she studied in the us for about half a year, her parents are moving there as well next year.
:eek: don't quote me!!!!
Julia O.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by JFN)
actually i was looking at boston
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Alexander04)
well i think i would prefer to go to any of the unis i applied to than the ones i got into in the UK
Bitewing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would have considered it, if I hadn't managed to get into uni in the uk, - though the costs invovled would have been a struggle.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm thinking about it as I have family straticaly positioned around the country.
Agrippina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by JFN)
I know someone who is, but only cos her dad had to move there for work.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
I'm thinking about it as I have family straticaly positioned around the country.
my parents are moving to the US next year, abandoning me...i had the choice to apply either here or the US,i chose the former. One reason: The education system here is better.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
my parents are moving to the US next year, abandoning me...i had the choice to apply either here or the US,i chose the former. One reason: The education system here is better.
The American education system works differently. In teh first year of UNi, they teach to people who are about Just past GCSE level here (ie they have no 6th form) . So they have roughly 1 more year than us when studying in UNI.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by JFN)
most definatly.....harvard or USD (university of san diego)

but then, im an american.....
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
yes. me to, with the central concentrations being in olklahoma, florida, and california.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
The American education system works differently. In teh first year of UNi, they teach to people who are about Just past GCSE level here (ie they have no 6th form) . So they have roughly 1 more year than us when studying in UNI.
But of course the more elite universities are better.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
But of course the more elite universities are better.
True. As per usual in any country.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (184)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (132)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (171)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.69%
Loneliness (101)
8.44%
Financial worries (40)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.77%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (64)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (106)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (108)
9.03%

Watched Threads