Veterinary medicines Watch

Jimmocrates
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have a pharmacy law test tomorrow and all the vet stuff is really confusing! Any help would be great...

1) The animal cascade - can human medicines be used on animals? what conditions are there which allows them to be? (Theres another bit of my notes which says only medicines with the "UK authorised" vet symbol can be used on animals.)

2) In my notes it says that to prescribe a POM V, vets must do a throough examination of the animal and that the animal must be under their care. Surely these are the same thing? is there a case where a vet examines an animal, but it isn't classed as being under their care?

3) (Finally) My notes say that vets do not need to write a prescription - they can be done verbally. Does that mean therefore that no records need to be taken (for this class which is the most stringently controlled)???

Any answers to those questions or directions to helpful websites would be appreciated!
*Arwen*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
All I know is that guinea pigs are allergic?react badly to penicillin...hmmm not v.useful!! - sorry!!
Hawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think most of the Vet Students on here, if not all, are in 1st and 2nd year. We don't really do anything on drugs or veterinary law, at least not here in Glasgow, in the first two years.
Jimmocrates
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ok thanks for the replies. the exam ended up not being too bad. except i didn't have a clue about regulations for AVm GSL things. still, the replies were appreciated.
voodooshaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)
I think most of the Vet Students on here, if not all, are in 1st and 2nd year. We don't really do anything on drugs or veterinary law, at least not here in Glasgow, in the first two years.
Don't worry Hawk, you still have the animal welfare rgulation lectures to look forwad to after Christmas. Theyre fun ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.08%
No - I got the required grades (134)
56.78%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.14%

Watched Threads