do u think the uk is far too image conscious?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
dont u think britain has become too obsessed with looks and fashion and the perfect human being, at the moment ive noticed 2 programs on tv dedicated to loosing weight (there may be more) designer clothing has rocketed to an all time high with people letting themselves get in dept for the sake of fashion, do u think its time to stop?
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
dont u think britain has become too obsessed with looks and fashion and the perfect human being, at the moment ive noticed 2 programs on tv dedicated to loosing weight (there may be more) designer clothing has rocketed to an all time high with people letting themselves get in dept for the sake of fashion, do u think its time to stop?
Well really its upto the person thats paying the £ because if that person is happy and feels confident in the clothes they buy...what does it matter how much they spend?? Im a complete fool when it comes to shopping...i go into the likes of Burtons etc...and am constantly buying new things all the time! Cant help it....spending is an addiction remember! And what can i say i love buying new stufff, who doesn't???

But yeah it does get outa control sometimes!!!
dizzzzzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
wots wrong with spending money to look good?
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by dizzzzzy)
yea i never see u in the same item twice!!! lol

uk is defo image consious. if u dont have the right clothes, the right size or the rihgt hair theres hell to pay, especially between the younger generations.
Amy
Rep:
?
thing is, u can spend 100s on something that could look like uve just brought it out of primark!! once u have it on who can tell the difference??
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by lumpycustard)
yea i never see u in the same item twice!!! lol

uk is defo image consious. if u dont have the right clothes, the right size or the rihgt hair theres hell to pay, especially between the younger generations.
exactly, theres so much pressure to look like every1 else, its not healthy to try and "fit in"
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
nothing at all
dizzzzzy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you spend the money so you get decent clothes. would you tell people your clothes were out of primark and not somewhere like topshop?
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
hello, i think its about how you feel, if it makes you feel good to spend alot of money on nice stuff then thats fine. but spending money on anything makes me feel better!

see amy i can put something else other than "i dont know"
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
thing is, u can spend 100s on something that could look like uve just brought it out of primark!! once u have it on who can tell the difference??
u cant!!!! hahahaha! i had a bag form primark what ma sis got me, and ma mate had one dead similar from FCuk which was startint o look tatty after a while evn tho she had it less time thatn me! hehehe
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by poowpoow)
hello, i think its about how you feel, if it makes you feel good to spend alot of money on nice stuff then thats fine. but spending money on anything makes me feel better!

lol
dizzzzzy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if you have the money, why not? i'd rather buy more expensive stuff than tack from Primark!! i wont even walk round with a primark bag! would you?
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if you have the money, why not? i'd rather buy more expensive stuff than tack from Primark!! i wont even walk round with a primark bag! would you?
vcant say i do now, but i dont see a problem with it. i like bags from miss selfridge, topshop and select to be honest. but i stil dont see a problem with it
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
YOU wont even set foot in primark!!! i walk round with a primark bag sometimes, well in the summer i did....having said that after school im going shopping to buy my lovely fiorelli bag that i have seen!
Amy
Rep:
?

OH MY GOD!!!!!! SHE SPOKE!!!
Amy
Rep:
?
YOU wont even set foot in primark!!! i walk round with a primark bag sometimes, well in the summer i did....having said that after school im going shopping to buy my lovely fiorelli bag that i have seen!
is that the 1 uve been on about for the past 2 weeks??!!
dizzzzzy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
so what...... i dont want people thinking i shop there.
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
is that the 1 uve been on about for the past 2 weeks??!!
YAAAY! it is and i cant wait! i thought i wasnt getting paid today cos i didnt do ne work in the week out drama exam was but they have given £104 holiday pay!

i dont know why u sound so surprised i said something, u know i have got a big gob!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
does it matter what other people think???
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you do though ive seen you

heeeeheeeeeeee not really
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads