Turn on thread page Beta

Is it grim up north? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its fan-frigging-tastic up north. By far the best cuisine in the world. Whenever I go south the food tastes awful. I mean southerners can't even make a proper curry, they start adding weird ingredients... like vegetables... and then take away all the spice. We drink our beer neat up here, not dissolved with lemonade like all the shandy drinkers. Southerners must be constantly stoned if they think absolutely everything is "bladdy lavly."

ReputationRep:
    42:26 ion favour of the North not being grim at the moment, nice to see the truth being portrayed on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrispyJ)
    42:26 ion favour of the North not being grim at the moment, nice to see the truth being portrayed on TSR
    Precisely.I don't get where this idea of it 'being grim up north' even comes from!It barely ever rains where I am.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that the majority of people up north don't thinks its grim, and vice versa for those who don't. Suggests people are voting through stereotypes when they say it's grim.

ReputationRep:
    that's just stupid, its such a big generalisation that it really doesn't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    And the divide in rainy places is East/West, not North/South. It doesn't rain on the east side of the Pennines nearly as much as the West. Plus it's always bloody p*ssing it down in Bristol.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.