?
Report 13 years ago
I really LOVE this advert, makes me feel all wishful and romantic. :love:
Spunky
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Both adverts are fabulous , but on an aside has anyone seen the new(?) Polo Black advert, and if so does anyone know who is singing in the background at all?
Rooftopcowboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You wonder how it cost £18million though!!!

ok so Nicole and Baz wouldent have come cheap, but what else did they spend on? gold plated portaloos for the camera men? diamonds for the tealady

Its like the most expensive music video ever made (at least I think it it is) Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson...everytime I watch I wonder where the money went...the CGI effects may have cost a few million, but surely not £9million!
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Nicole Kidman got £2 million for the advert (which works out as £1 million/min on screen! :eek: ), and I think Baz got a similar amount.
Poica
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rooftopcowboy)

ok so Nicole and Baz wouldent have come cheap, but what else did they spend on? gold plated portaloos for the camera men? diamonds for the tealady

Its like the most expensive music video ever made (at least I think it it is) Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson...everytime I watch I wonder where the money went...the CGI effects may have cost a few million, but surely not £9million!
The dress she's wearing was worth a few million I think
qexy-loz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Could they not just have hired it for cheaper, or did they? Then again, it would still cost quite a lot.
TakeshiFan
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Lol i hate the 'chance' advert so much... esp the guy who does the v/o in that breathy, male - model - y voice.
Traum
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the chance advert was yummy! They had a online website(by chanel) dedicated to that perfume!
swazzle2000
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rooftopcowboy)

how sad..

and it's michael jackson.. he probably made them do something to his nose in every frame.. btw that song sucks ass.
Iscariot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I prefer the cK Eternity Moment commercial with Scarlett Johansson to be honest, so much that I spent two months and eventually £23 just to get a poster. Bless my bedroom wall.

Anyway, back on topic - will that commercial actually be shown on TV? I've got a feeling they'll just use the 'Her Kiss. Her Smile. Her Perfume. Chanel No.5.' bit, because else that commercial alone would use up an entire commercial break.
~MOi~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i remember that one! very enchanting! hahaha
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They have shown it full length on tv. When it was first shown (channel 4) there was a big lead up to it like it was a major film or something!! I'm not surprised so much money was spent on it....Chanel are raking it in!! They're showing it on tv a bit more at the moment (probably cos of xmas!) but I've not really seen the full length 2 min advert since it was first shown last year. The cut down one is only about 30 secs- 1 min.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pratikv)
Is anyone else in love with this advert or is it just me?

Baz Luhrmann directed it, and the score was by Debussy.

Anyhows, if you haven't seen it, here it is:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2658256
great advert nicol looks HOT! its kinda long but it's like a short movie i think it was brill.

P.S adverts with hot women always seem better!!!!!!!!
ellewoods
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooh my favourite things in life, Chanel and a bit of Moulin Rouge glamour

I love this advert, its fab. Everyone needs a bit of luxury in their day, even if it is during the Coronation St ad break!! :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (296)
25.92%
Yes - they're famous (292)
25.57%
No I don't (554)
48.51%

Watched Threads