The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel History Unit 3 discussion thread

General EDEXCEL Unit 3 discussion here - Good luck guys. :yy:

Additionally there is are these threads to discuss individual units

Feel free to notify me about any other topical threads you've seen/made so I can add it to the list. :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure if there's a thread on here already about it...
Here's a thread to talk and share tips for the upcoming exam!

My topic is the French Revolution.
Reply 2
I thought it was the 7th?
Reply 3
I'm doing this exam on the Cold War - I'm hoping for an A in it but I've heard it's far harder than any of the other previous exams so I'm slightly worried.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
From Kaiser to Fuhrer (1900-45) here. The 10th is too close.:eek:
Reply 5
Original post by Fenhemn

Havent properly started revising yet aahh!
Reply 6
Original post by dreams_sky
Not sure if there's a thread on here already about it...
Here's a thread to talk and share tips for the upcoming exam!

My topic is the French Revolution.

Yeah.. mine too. But honestly i think that of all units its going to be the "easier" one. Its very straight forward
Reply 7
Anyone doing the American Civil War?
Reply 8
Original post by merrylora
Yeah.. mine too. But honestly i think that of all units its going to be the "easier" one. Its very straight forward

Which part makes it 'easier?'

Im not very good with sources...
Reply 9
Original post by adam_zed
I thought it was the 7th?

are you sure?
are you doing 6HI03?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Fenhemn

i know :s its pretty scary :s
what dyou think will come up? they had the holocaust last year i think
Original post by Fenhemn

Original post by niharika.jha
i know :s its pretty scary :s
what dyou think will come up? they had the holocaust last year i think

This might sound sutpid :s-smilie: but what are the things that could come up in the exam for both sections A & B ?

Section A is going to have a WW1 question, how responsible Germany was for it, right ? (I remember the Fisher vs Ritter debate vaguely) And is the other one a question on the Nazi regime ? Are these the questions that will definately come up ? I'm confused... ??

Section B will be questions on either:
Kaiserreich (1900-1919), Weimar (1919-1928) Rise of Nazi's (1928-45) Life in Wartime Ger. (1939-45) ... or something like that ? not sure if the dates are correct.

I've been off quite a lot this year so I'm unsure on some stuff. Especially section A ? I haven't even started revising yet and I'm this clueless on it. I'm absolutely ****ting it, I probably need an A here too... :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone doing British Foreign Policy 1925-1945? Would be great if we were all just doing the same thing :tongue:
Original post by mellie220
I'm doing this exam on the Cold War - I'm hoping for an A in it but I've heard it's far harder than any of the other previous exams so I'm slightly worried.

What makes you think that it is harder?

For the record, I am doing this one too :smile:.
Original post by Cast.Iron
What makes you think that it is harder?

For the record, I am doing this one too :smile:.

Mostly the section A questions look harder, but maybe it's because I haven't got through all the revision so I'd be useless at writing an own knowledge question at the moment!

Also, I've heard from a few people it's hard - which makes me worry :P I probably should do some more practice exams to feel less anxious about it...
Original post by mellie220
Mostly the section A questions look harder, but maybe it's because I haven't got through all the revision so I'd be useless at writing an own knowledge question at the moment!

Also, I've heard from a few people it's hard - which makes me worry :P I probably should do some more practice exams to feel less anxious about it...

Ah, I wouldn't worry about the Part A questions because all you need to do is revise and you have plenty of time! When you break it down there aren't that many sections:

Start
Thaw
Arms Race
Sino-Soviet Relations
Detente
End

See :biggrin:.

It's the Part B questions which have me worried, probably because the technique is quite specific.
Original post by dosvidaniya
This might sound sutpid :s-smilie: but what are the things that could come up in the exam for both sections A & B ?

Section A is going to have a WW1 question, how responsible Germany was for it, right ? (I remember the Fisher vs Ritter debate vaguely) And is the other one a question on the Nazi regime ? Are these the questions that will definately come up ? I'm confused... ??

Section B will be questions on either:
Kaiserreich (1900-1919), Weimar (1919-1928) Rise of Nazi's (1928-45) Life in Wartime Ger. (1939-45) ... or something like that ? not sure if the dates are correct.

I've been off quite a lot this year so I'm unsure on some stuff. Especially section A ? I haven't even started revising yet and I'm this clueless on it. I'm absolutely ****ting it, I probably need an A here too... :s-smilie:

hey
section A will have a knowledge based question on just about anything from 1900-45, whilst section B will be based on one of two controvesies:
1. how popular was hitler in nazi germany?
2. hitler, master of the third reich or weak dictator?

i think thats the outline, hope it helps!:smile:
hey
section A will have a knowledge based question on just about anything from 1900-45, whilst section B will be based on one of two controvesies:
1. how popular was hitler in nazi germany?
2. hitler, master of the third reich or weak dictator?

i think thats the outline, hope it helps!:smile:

Oh right... I thought the controversy questions were:
1. How responsible was Germany for the outbreak of WW1 ?
2. How popular/efficient was the Nazi regime from 1933-39 ?

Hmm, I'm confused, so I'm guessing I'm wrong then. I think l'll have to go talk to my teacher about it...
Original post by dosvidaniya
Oh right... I thought the controversy questions were:
1. How responsible was Germany for the outbreak of WW1 ?
2. How popular/efficient was the Nazi regime from 1933-39 ?

Hmm, I'm confused, so I'm guessing I'm wrong then. I think l'll have to go talk to my teacher about it...

no no, thats right! our school picked the other lot of Hitler questions to teach and not yours, so its fine :smile:
no no, thats right! our school picked the other lot of Hitler questions to teach and not yours, so its fine :smile:

Oh, ok I feel like a bit of an idiot asking these questions :redface:

But thanks for the reply anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending