The Student Room Group

Do Raw Marks Always go up when converted to UMS???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DESIRE94
So 88% should go up to 90?

it will depend on the national results and whether it was an easy or hard paper, its impossible to say as no one wants to raise your hopes!

also how can you know your mark that accurately? just hope you had a kind marker
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ears
Yes it does, thankyou very much.
I don't think I got an A* then, I reckon I got around 170ish. Nvm :smile:

Same here :frown: I did very well on coursework... and LOTF essay (for exam), but the poetry questions were horrible :/ Did you do Duffy and Armitage, and the 2 parter?
Reply 22
Original post by MedicalMayhem
Same here :frown: I did very well on coursework... and LOTF essay (for exam), but the poetry questions were horrible :/ Did you do Duffy and Armitage, and the 2 parter?

I had Mockingbird and Heaney/Clarke, so I didn't do your questions. Were they hard?
And I didn't do amazing on my C/W only 52/57.
Reply 23
i got 90 in my additional science ISA and itz apparently an A* but i dunno...
Original post by Ears
I had Mockingbird and Heaney/Clarke, so I didn't do your questions. Were they hard?
And I didn't do amazing on my C/W only 52/57.

Erm, I did pretty well got 56/57 for C/W...

But the Novel question was soo easy, on a 'hero' figure :P Which was simple enough, poetry was terrible.

The "compare all 4 poems" question, was either on the opening of 4 poems... or how love is presented (but like last duchess and laboratory don't have love? :/)...So i did a 2 parter of revenge (though the named poem was about anger... :angry:) and something in sincerity which I wasn't fully sure what it meant :colondollar: But I guessed it right :tongue:

How about yours? (Got a DT exam later :/)
Reply 25
for gcse's, pretty much, yes

Quick Reply

Latest