What influence does the TV programme have on children? Watch

ilovenuggets
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Nowadays TV programmes are prosperous in our lives.What do you think of the influence does the TV programme have on children?
gordon_is_fit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it gives them something to do
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ilovenuggets)
Nowadays TV programmes are prosperous in our lives.
What?
ilovenuggets
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Do you think TV programes sometimes could have some negetive or positive impact on childrens?
notts
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well, all the people moaning about kids tv shows needing to be educational are daft.

i was raised on a steady diet of thundercats, transformers, he-man, ninja turtles etc, and i turned out fine... i think :P
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nowadays TV programmes are prosperous in our lives.What do you think of the influence does the TV programme have on children?
Could you make your question a bit more clear please?

I can't quite see where your going with this...
Adam83
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i wouldnt have thought the programmes themselves have much of an effect until about 5 or 6 at least.
Maybe the culture of sitting staring at a screen has an effect even at a young age.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it seems to be a mild version of "do violent films cause little american waterheads to shoot each other"
I think that covers it.
tommorris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by notts)
well, all the people moaning about kids tv shows needing to be educational are daft.

i was raised on a steady diet of thundercats, transformers, he-man, ninja turtles etc, and i turned out fine... i think :P
Indeed. As Neil Postman pointed out way back when, television is at it's most dangerous when it tries to be serious (he used news/political, educational and religious programmes to illustrate this). When it's larking about, we shrug it off. But when it tries to teach us, it lures us in to believing that it's actually serious.
Psycho Gerbil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
With the help of Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Dangermouse and others I learnt it doesn't pay to be a bad person! Yea cartoons!
Stranksy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think TV affects many children, unless they are like maggie from the Simpsons (who beat up Homer). However, i do think the amount of TV watched affects children, and some adults too!

I saw some program last night on BBC, and this kid was watching 6 hours a day! Wtf?! I watch neighbours everyday, simply for comedy value, and maybe the Simpsons after that. If theres a decent footie match i will watch that, but i dont sit down and channel flick for something...
michellehall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think programs like tellytubbies and pokoyo teach children not to talk properley. if they are watchin this they are probably just learning how to talk and a lot of eh ho's instead of hellos will not help in the development
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you think TV programes sometimes could have some negetive or positive impact on childrens?
Sure it does, no doubt about that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (75)
29.41%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.65%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.94%

Watched Threads