Turn on thread page Beta

ImPoRtAnT QuEsTiOn - i oNlY ReAlLy LiKe 2 uNis watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi every1.

Out of my 6 choices thers only two uni's that i want to go to. I just wanted to fill the spaces. So what happens if i get rejected from the 2 i want to go to but have offers from the other 4 (none of which i want to go to) that will mean im not eligible for clearing would it? sorry if this dont make sense lol

ReputationRep:
    You can cancel all the offers and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but then you can go for ucas extra.

ReputationRep:
    I just sent the way you wrote that title topic to the two universities you want to go to and they were not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Is your caps-lock key sticking? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeky0011)
    Hi every1.

Out of my 6 choices thers only two uni's that i want to go to. I just wanted to fill the spaces. So what happens if i get rejected from the 2 i want to go to but have offers from the other 4 (none of which i want to go to) that will mean im not eligible for clearing would it? sorry if this dont make sense lol
    Let's try this again, shall we?

"Hi everyone.
    Out of my 6 choices there are only two Unis that I want to go to. I just wanted to fill the spaces. So what happens if I get rejected from the two I want to go to, but have offers from the other 4 (none of which I want to go to)? That will mean I'm not eligible for clearing, wouldn't it? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, hehe."

Yes you can go through clearing by rejecting all offers made to you. You're a silly mare for not thinking about your choices and finding 6 you'd be happy to go to.

ReputationRep:
    well im just fussy and i think i have a right to be if i'm spending all that money on a uni. i'd rather that then end up hating the uni i go to! the two are ok its city and westminster but i want the best.

ReputationRep:
    well im just fussy and i think i have a right to be if i'm spending all that money on a uni. i'd rather that then end up hating the uni i go to! the two are ok its city and westminster but i want the best.
    Theres a hefty difference between City and Westminster though.

ReputationRep:
    You have a right to be fussy. You also have a right to be rejected. I would advise for anyone who hasn't already applied to Uni to visit any Uni you put down on the form to check you would like it there.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by that?? i don't really like either of them

--------------

sorry thats in response to ollie mccowans msg

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by that?? i don't really like either of them

--------------

sorry thats in response to ollie mccowans msg
    Well City is a good uni, and Westminster isn't really. I'm at the LSE and I had an ABB offer from City as my backup and I would have gone their happily if LSE didnt give me the offer.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were both ex- polytechnics

ReputationRep:
    go and visit the other uni's you choose, the visit may change your mind about them.

ReputationRep:
    ive visited sooooooooo many unis. course ive visited the 6 ive picked. its just that they were the best out of the ones ive seen but they still werent all that. City puts me off a bit because i know a girl doing my course and she got 3 E's at a level. no offence to anyone but what does that say about uni and the people there?? also people say it is very diverse (which i dont care about) but people tend to stay in their own groups culture wise. and im too sociable for that.

ReputationRep:
    Visit http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t183102.html , The Alternative FAQ

ReputationRep:
    PlEaSe DoN't TyPe LiKe ThIs, It'S rEaLlY aNnOyInG...

It's also bloody difficult. How pointless.

ReputationRep:
    dont bother reading it then, i jus wanted the question to stand out so people would read it. i didnt type the whole thing out like it. god some people are so rude.

ReputationRep:
    dont bother reading it then, i jus wanted the question to stand out so people would read it. i didnt type the whole thing out like it. god some people are so rude.
    And others are so stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    And others are so stupid
    Amen to that.

Typing your title like that is retarded. An informative and to the point title makes people read it, not typing 'important question' and then putting it all in randoms capslock.

Not to mention it's against TSR's rules.

ReputationRep:
    OK then, for future reference (seeing as you're a newbie), your question stands out, but not in the way you want it to. It stands out so that people viewing will think, "Oh the person who typed that question is obviously retarded, so I won't bother answering it."

And I'm only rude to idiots. Take that as you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    PlEaSe DoN't TyPe LiKe ThIs, It'S rEaLlY aNnOyInG...

It's also bloody difficult. How pointless.
    Agreed

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.