Edexcel A2 History: The United States, 1820- 77: A Disunited Nation discussion thread

Watch
Jinxy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
How is everyone's revision going for this, how are you revising ?
Cast.Iron
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you talking about the Superpower Relations course?

If so, not particularly well. My time is being consumed by Politics.
chisletts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im doing the Civil War questions. revision is going well, pretty much know all of it, apart from some key statistics etc. most of the knowledge on how to analyse the sources is fine aswell. got an A last year and i need an A this year, and my coursework was 47/50 so im not too worried about the exam
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been making simple bullet-pointed notes, mindmaps and timelines, stuff like that. Will hopefully finish my notes in the next day or two and move on to tonnes of practice essays.
Cast.Iron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by riotgrrl)
I've been making simple bullet-pointed notes, mindmaps and timelines, stuff like that. Will hopefully finish my notes in the next day or two and move on to tonnes of practice essays.
Organised student is organised.
member398873
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh dear, I am royally ****ed for this exam. I've only started revising today :/ only need 61 UMS for an A though so at least that's reassuring.
Anyone else doing Superpower Relations?
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lechaton-x)
Oh dear, I am royally ****ed for this exam. I've only started revising today :/ only need 61 UMS for an A though so at least that's reassuring.
Anyone else doing Superpower Relations?

same! Your are lucky you need so low, I need 92-96 for a B!. I only started myself wedneday-ish. Telling myself there's plenty of time
member398873
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tillytots)
same! Your are lucky you need so low, I need 92-96 for a B!. I only started myself wedneday-ish. Telling myself there's plenty of time
Well, I hope I'm right :/ 85 + 94 for AS and my coursework is a firm A (80), so I think that leaves me with 61 UMS to get in order to hit 320? Correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds too good to be true for me.

I've been so lazy this year though, just don't feel confident AT ALL.
jbarfie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone doing C2?
Jasmin11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If i got 72 in both my exams last year and 39/50 in coursework how many marks/points do i need in this exam?????????????
Cast.Iron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
56/120 for an A here .

Famous last words.
Jasmin11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was thinking that I would need to get an A* in the exam to get an A overall because I've got B's in everthing else or am I wrong then? :-S
Jasmin11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cast.Iron)
56/120 for an A here .

Famous last words.
So how many marks is that in the exam??
Yoshi-i
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, does anyone have past questions/ mark schemes/ examiners reports for superpower relations?
Edexcel's always a pain with such stuff but I can't access anything for unit 3.
chisletts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ive decided to revise the topic on Reconstruction in the end. its killing my brain!
Jasmin11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jasmin11)
So how many marks is that in the exam??
Seriously, can someone help me work out how many marks i need in the exam pleease? :confused:
Peachz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Preparing to fail I hate everything History related after the A2 year. If I ever have to look at the Russian Revolution again, I will scream.
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jasmin11)
Seriously, can someone help me work out how many marks i need in the exam pleease? :confused:
What did you get in your AS exams and your coursework and I'll do my best.
Jasmin11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got 72 in both exams last year and 39/50 on coursework. I was thinking I need an a* in this exam to get an A overall?
Jasmin11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by riotgrrl)
What did you get in your AS exams and your coursework and I'll do my best.
I got 72 in both exams last year and 39/50 on coursework. I was thinking I need an a* in this exam to get an A overall?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed