What would you name your son or daughter??

Watch
This discussion is closed.
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Paris is more of a boys name. Guess you never read any Homer.
i was thinking a girls name like Paris Hilton. I like brooklyn for a boy as well or Morgan. I would never call my child something that everyone calls theirs its got to be a bit uncommon but not one of those ridiculous names! Wow those were my 2 posts in 3 weeks but it seems like a life time!
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
i was thinking a girls name like Paris Hilton. I like brooklyn for a boy as well or Morgan. I would never call my child something that everyone calls theirs its got to be a bit uncommon but not one of those ridiculous names! Wow those were my 2 posts in 3 weeks but it seems like a life time!
Paris Hilton is a disgrace. I wouldnt call my daughter after someone like that if I was you.
superstar*honey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
for a girl
charmelle after my sis
sarah after me mum

a guy
mark
stuart after me dad
jimmy_cricket
Report 17 years ago
Most of the girls in my family have the middle name "Anne" after my Grandma.
It's quite nice becuase it's not a bad name and goes with pretty much anything!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
I was looking at *Dave* thread on the name rachel and i remembered that when the time comes Rachel was gonna be one of the names for my daughter.

For a boy i was thinking "Josh" or "Todd" and for a girl "Rachel" or "Dawn"!
I'd name a girl Shamika, and a boy Lance.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'd name a girl Shamika, and a boy Lance.
Hmm... difficult decision, but a boy would be Deutronomy or Virgil, and a girl would be Edwina.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Hmm... difficult decision, but a boy would be Deutronomy or Virgil, and a girl would be Edwina.
Deuteronomy? And to think I refrained from saying Cornelius because of possible abuse being sent my way hehe.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My mum's cousin recently christened their little boy Ptolemy (Ptolly for short) - the family is disgusted I think it's a great name
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Yes but kids would shorten it to Deutron! There horrible names! Do you want your kids to suffer or something?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes but kids would shorten it to Deutron! There horrible names! Do you want your kids to suffer or something?
Yet names of character all the same. Shows that parents think rather highly of the kids before they're born and choose a name that is a cut above the rest. So to speak.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Having an individual name is a huge self esteem booster when a child is growing up...I'm quite upset that my children will have hubby's relatively dull surname and not mine...it's nice knowing that when the doctor/receptioninst etc etc is squinting at the form and trying to pronounce something very quietly they're asking to me...and knowing that the next question will be "where's that name from then".
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Having an individual name is a huge self esteem booster when a child is growing up...I'm quite upset that my children will have hubby's relatively dull surname and not mine...it's nice knowing that when the doctor/receptioninst etc etc is squinting at the form and trying to pronounce something very quietly they're asking to me...and knowing that the next question will be "where's that name from then".
I know that, but they were horrible weird names! There are thousands of names that are really nice but uncommon, like ive said before i love the names Dray-Conner or Orlando, or for a Girl Kira or Paris. I love the name Brooklyn aswell. There all quite unusual names but are nice.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Thats pretty muc hwhy my girlfriend wants to call a daugter Portia. SHe has a pretty normal name and is obsessed with weird names.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Thats pretty muc hwhy my girlfriend wants to call a daugter Portia. SHe has a pretty normal name and is obsessed with weird names.
See Portia is a really nice name! But Deutron (whatitsface) is a ridiculous name!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
See Portia is a really nice name! But Deutron (whatitsface) is a ridiculous name!
Virgil isnt, thats a good solid name.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know that, but they were horrible weird names! There are thousands of names that are really nice but uncommon, like ive said before i love the names Dray-Conner or Orlando, or for a Girl Kira or Paris. I love the name Brooklyn aswell. There all quite unusual names but are nice.
I don't think they're nice.

Just because something is unusual doesn't make it classy.

(And don't you think that Orlando and Brooklyn (and even Paris) will end up in the same boat as all the people named after Charlene from Neighbours...name a child after something dateable and you label it not only with a giveaway age but you're showing the world your viewing/reading habits (Brooklyn just screams "I read Hello! and the Sun"), while classical names are ageless and if anything show the world that your parents *don't* read Hello and the Scum)
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Portia is a very common sloaney name...not exactly weird just a bit pretentious.
Porrn
Report 17 years ago
Sick Dude
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Portia is a very common sloaney name...not exactly weird just a bit pretentious.

I've never met a Portia.

Paris is a classical name. Its Greek.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've never met a Portia.

Paris is a classical name. Its Greek.
As a boys name yes, as a girls name no.

Portia is one of the characters in Bridget Jones' Diary...has your girlfriend read it? If not it might be worth mentioning that the character in the book doesn't quite conjur(sp?) up the nicest image (sort of like naming a child Caligula (although not quite that bad ))
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (184)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (132)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (171)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.69%
Loneliness (101)
8.44%
Financial worries (40)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.77%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (64)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (106)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (108)
9.03%

Watched Threads