Help with A level economics essay questions (CIE) Watch

wind123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I need help with answering a level (and as) economics essay questions. I seem to be okay in a level maths and even economics MCQS but I simply don't know what to write for twenty and twenty five marks in economics essay questions.
What are examiners looking for (except definitions) in the essay questions and is there a sure shot way to score high marks in essay questions? I have been struggling a lot with them.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated. Do not hesitate to answer if you follow others exam boards too.
tsp216
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To get into the 18-25 marks region (level 4), you'll need
- sufficient analysis of arguments both for and against the topic of the question, preferably two arguments for either side, 4 in total
- for each argument, you should thoroughly analyse the argument, and give a 1 or 2 sentence evaluation, e.g. fiscal spending may depend on whether it conflicts with any other macro policies, such as monetary...
- for each argument, you should try to give one example, either a real life example or a hypothetical one, the former would be more impressive
- spend about 2-3 minutes at the end to write a really good conclusion, briefly summarising your points, making a final judgement and any other brief evaluation ideas that would help
- label your graphs well, refer to them and describe what's going on when you refer to them.

I know OP's post is quite old, but my answer should still help anyone who stumbles onto it in the future
Tabeer aslam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ohh why are so worried about all this. I might can help you regarding this. I have been through the same situation a few months ago. I'll inbox you few details. Just check if you ll find it useful
MRDD5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check out EconplusDal on Youtube, he goes through exam techniques for most of the exam boards.
Sulei06
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
go and look at enhance tuition on youtube. he tutored me and specifically focuses on CIE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (64)
24.62%
My career doesn't need one (34)
13.08%