Turn on thread page Beta

Night Out Outfit watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OK, tomorrow is the sixth form Christmas Night out, and I need some help deciding what to wear. The night out consists of a meal in a restaurant followed by going 'out'. Im definitely wearing some wide leg black trousers and black sandals, but I'm not sure what top. Should I wear:

a) a black corset over a see through wine coloured top

or

b) a strappy top very similar to this but in light green

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    strappy top

ReputationRep:
    The strappy top looks pretty Im not sure what the corset over another top would look like to compare it though

--------------

My sixth form christmas party is tomorrow as well btw (just thought id add that in)

ReputationRep:
    corset, but i just dont like the second style of top at all.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm not sure about wearing light green with black trousers

ReputationRep:
    the corset by itself could look fabulous, why black trousers do u not wear them to sixth form anyway?

ReputationRep:
    The second top in light green would look really good with jeans (skinny maybe) or a denim mini. Not sure what you mean by a corset over a top- can't you just wear the corset on its own?

ReputationRep:
    To me, that strappy top looks a bit like a nightie - I say go with the corset.

ReputationRep:
    a corset belt with a red shirt would look fab!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you asking what I mean about the corset, sort of like the girl at the front of this picture:
    http://www.skyone.co.uk/images/progr...x_gallery1.jpg

Except the top I'd be wearing underneath doesn't have a high neck, and has slightly shorter sleeves.

(Original post by shopaholic soph)
    the corset by itself could look fabulous, why black trousers do u not wear them to sixth form anyway?
    No, I never wear black trousers to sixth form, I always wear jeans.

ReputationRep:
    i see. i like the black trousers and strappy top idea !

ReputationRep:
    strappy top definately but not too sure about black trousers

ReputationRep:
    I'd be going with the corset. Stylish, classy and people are sure to comment on it.

ReputationRep:
    Corset!

ReputationRep:
    what have people got against black trousers??
    as with jeans, i have yet to ever find my perfect pair of black trousers; im still looking
    i think black trousers sound nice, provided theyre fitted and flattering and either one of those tops, i have personal issues with green, so id be inclined to suggest the other one, but ultimately its your choice

ReputationRep:
    b

ReputationRep:
    I hate black trousers. They should be worn for school or work, but never, ever, outside of the house otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I think they look good if you're going out somewhere smart or want to dress up a bit. Saying that, I probably wouldn't think the same if I wore them to school every day, but I don't wear uniform so that's not an issue :p:

I like the corset idea- it's a bit different and like someone else said, bound to draw attention. Plus it sounds purdy

ReputationRep:
    i dotn like the coprset with top underneath sorry. so yea strappy top for sure!

ReputationRep:
    corsets rock, the other one's a bit bland.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.