The Student Room Group

Feeling Ill the days before an exam

Hi,

I am majorly pissed off at the moment after a lecturer at my university claimed I didn't give him an excuse as to why I missed an in class quiz. (Worth 6% of his module).

I went to his office personally and told him, and said I required a doctors note which I acquired and handed in to my personal tutor.

Now I ask you this unrelated question...

If you are pretty ill for the week before a test, but on the day of the test you feel half ok, do you take it?

You haven't done any revision at all
You still haven't fully recovered
If you take the test you will most definitely fail it.

Whats your opinion?

Adam
byb3
Hi,

I am majorly pissed off at the moment after a lecturer at my university claimed I didn't give him an excuse as to why I missed an in class quiz. (Worth 6% of his module).

I went to his office personally and told him, and said I required a doctors note which I acquired and handed in to my personal tutor.

Now I ask you this unrelated question...

If you are pretty ill for the week before a test, but on the day of the test you feel half ok, do you take it?

You haven't done any revision at all
You still haven't fully recovered
If you take the test you will most definitely fail it.

Whats your opinion?

Adam

Hmm this sounds like Webster... - he doesn't seem like an unreasonable man, but does follow things to the letter.

If you handed in a sick note then that should do it. Was this the first faffy quiz or the second ?
Reply 2
Expression
Hmm this sounds like Webster... - he doesn't seem like an unreasonable man, but does follow things to the letter.

If you handed in a sick note then that should do it. Was this the first faffy quiz or the second ?

it was the second, If I am under 40% (which i doubt) then I will argue this vehemently!!

Adam
byb3
it was the second, If I am under 40% (which i doubt) then I will argue this vehemently!!

Adam

Not worth worrying about, it is a little annoying but like you say unless you somehow get under 40 % on his unit then it's irrelavent.

10 credits is 10 credits whether it's by 41 % or 99 %.
Reply 4
Expression
Not worth worrying about, it is a little annoying but like you say unless you somehow get under 40 % on his unit then it's irrelavent.

10 credits is 10 credits whether it's by 41 % or 99 %.

just got an email back. He said that unless I need the extra marks to pass then there is probably no need to take it.

Like I thought, a reasonable man.

Adam

Latest

Trending

Trending