The Student Room Group

Haven't been paid from my job - WHAT CAN I DO?!

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen

Call the police!
Original post by LaughingBro
Call the police!

¬_¬ I bloody wish I could. ARGHHHHHHHHHH
Citizen's advice bureau
Reply 4
Call Citizens Advice :smile: They should be able to help you out..You might be able to get a crisis loan, and then tell your employers they should cover the costs seeing as it's their fault you had to take the loan in the first place!
Reply 5
Do you think the firm is going under and that's why they have been unable to pay you?
Suggest you stop emailing, go into work and try and speak to your manager ... or at least some other long-term colleagues.
Bank accounts being frozen is never a good sign :/
Reply 6
this is theft of services
It might be that some people have been paid because they have partner banks? My boyfriend always gets paid days before the rest of his company because they need to leave those days so it gets to everyone else in time, but gets to him faster. It's no comfort at the moment though and I would go to Citizens Advice about it, and also make sure that your company knows that if its late next time (as in 2 weeks from now, not in a month), that you will take action.
Thanks Guys :smile:

I'm sooo sad + sooo stressed
The first priority of any business should be the payroll. Therefore, if people are regularly not being paid, this business is either having serious cash flow problems or is not being run very well. It's not necessarily terminal, the company could be owed a lot of money by others, but it's not a good sign.

I would be looking for work elsewhere if I were you.
This is why you're supposed to take the money upfront before providing your services.
Reply 11
If they say they transferred the money today and some people have received it on their accounts, yours is probably coming and they were quicker due to being with the same bank as the company or some reason like that.

It is v. bad though that the company is messing you all around. I would start looking around for something else if I were you.
Original post by maturestudy
The first priority of any business should be the payroll. Therefore, if people are regularly not being paid, this business is either having serious cash flow problems or is not being run very well. It's not necessarily terminal, the company could be owed a lot of money by others, but it's not a good sign.

I would be looking for work elsewhere if I were you.

I can easily get another job but I NEED this months pay towards my travelling.
Original post by hmaus
If they say they transferred the money today and some people have received it on their accounts, yours is probably coming and they were quicker due to being with the same bank as the company or some reason like that.

It is v. bad though that the company is messing you all around. I would start looking around for something else if I were you.

If I haven't gotten it by tommorow what do you recommend I do ?!
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
This is why you're supposed to take the money upfront before providing your services.

What on earth are you talking about?!
You get paid after work not before.
What on earth are you talking about?!
You get paid after work not before.

Is that what all of your punters tell you?
Reply 16
If I haven't gotten it by tommorow what do you recommend I do ?!

Ask the company for a payment confirmation to show that they have definitely sent it and are not bull****ting you?

If they can't provide any proof I would find that a bit suspicious. It can sometimes take a few days for money to show up on your account though.

I would second the suggestion of Citizens Advice Bureau. They can give you some free advice and write a letter of demand to your employer if necessary.
Reply 17
I would start seriously looking for a new job... But what do I know
Hi Guys,

Currently on my gap year, have a job 19k a year. Been working for the firm 6 months, however we are aware that where we work is going a little odd e.g bank accounts being frozen, some people not being paid etc. I have always been correctly on time.

Anywho on Friday the 13th I was due pay but didn't get it apparently they changed accounts and didn't get to pay or whatever just some randome excuse.

I and my colleagues (team of 9) who were taken as interns have littlerally had to call and email for the past two weeks like 'whats going on with our pay?!' We all said we will stay at home till we get paid (we couldn't afford food or travel anymore)

Anyway today after our 'strike' and just ALL the emails going back and forth we recieve an email saying we have all been paid. Go to the cash point NOPEE I have not been paid AT ALL.

Out of our team of 9 only 3 of us got paid today, when I informed them they said 'well 3 of the team have gotten pay keep checking :confused:'.

Friday will mark two weeks of not being paid and they seem really weird about it

Why on earth will 3 peoples pay go in and not the rest of us :mad:

What can I do in this situation?!

I still I have my work contract and they have breached IT!!

Do I just follow their instruction to 'keep checking' :/

I need this money!!!!

hate to say this to you but they're covering their tracks and the account switch is just the start. Your job wont last longer than a few months so my best bet is find another job. That company is going to the wall/it already has. Administrators are going to be called in.

What does your company sell?
Original post by hmaus
Ask the company for a payment confirmation to show that they have definitely sent it and are not bull****ting you?

If they can't provide any proof I would find that a bit suspicious. It can sometimes take a few days for money to show up on your account though.

I would second the suggestion of Citizens Advice Bureau. They can give you some free advice and write a letter of demand to your employer if necessary.

I KNOW they haven't sent it. They are soooo full of sh*t it's so damn ridiculous.
Apparently last year they did it to the gap year kids and ended up never paying some. Like they use to to save money, pay you sometimes, miss out some payments and just stuff like that. They're very very dodgy people.

NOT ME :angry: I don't care how much it will take I NEEEED that money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending