Turn on thread page Beta

*warning* Do Not Send Money Via Mail! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The royal mail people are opening peoples mail in search for money. People have been moaning at school today that they lost money. Even though some of them were people i do not like. I still think it would be best to warn people. Be wary of sending money via mail at this time of year.

This is why I use electronic bank transfer.

ReputationRep:
    Like I'd have any money to send, duh??!!!

ReputationRep:
    if you conceal it very well, like insode another few envelopes, wrapped in a letter its not as obvious.

but you send £ at your own risk..be wary of the theiving *******s that are royal mail

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing new, the problem is made worse by the fact a lot of post men are in fact temp staff these days.

If you're sending money via mail cheques are the best way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    if you conceal it very well, like insode another few envelopes, wrapped in a letter its not as obvious.

but you send £ at your own risk..be wary of the theiving *******s that are royal mail
    They've actually opened the letter and taken the money, then left the envelope open. Fools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    They've actually opened the letter and taken the money, then left the envelope open. Fools.
    idots

being a student i regulary need my mummy to send me money when im really really skint
    LPK is ace...

ReputationRep:
    Also, don't send cats by airmail.

Things can get pretty chilly up there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would send £ by mail surely?

Cheques and postal orders are a little bit safer really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unpossible)

I think there's a story here that needs explaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I think there's a story here that needs explaining!
    I tried sending it to the vets', it had a problem. By the time it got there, it had a much bigger problem.

ie, that it was dead.

ReputationRep:
    I tried sending it to the vets', it had a problem. By the time it got there, it had a much bigger problem.

ie, that it was dead.
    And it was the only pussy he has ever had :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe.

Incidently, wasn't 'never send money by post' one of the first things everyone learns when their parents/primary school teachers tell them about the mail system...

It's slow and completely unnecessary anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Eek! I have Christmas money sent by post. Guess I won't be seeing it this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrychocolate)
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would send £ by mail surely?

Cheques and postal orders are a little bit safer really!
    oops. cheques and postal orders are sooo much effort tho. this way u open the letter, an the moneys there! no hassle.
    also i just found out that all our mail was stolen from our road a couple of days ago... hmm

ReputationRep:
    When I was at boarding school, I asked my mother to send me food in the form of a "tuck parcels". She contemptuously sent me a biscuit with her next letter. :mad: :mad:

When I received it (she lived and worked in another country ), it had been converted to a fine powder...:mad: :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well birthday money's generally alright, but I'd never send money by the mail at christmas anyway. That's just asking for trouble!

ReputationRep:
    My grandma used to send money in the post when we were little but she'd wrapped the enveloped in brown paper and then cover the whole thing in duct tape-mad woman! it never got nicked, now all my money is sent special delvery if not by cheque.

ReputationRep:
    yea, i heard lpk, someone sent me a birthday card with a cheque in it. I was like ---> :confused: at first though

ReputationRep:
    i send, and recieve money by post and its never been taken... just put it inside a card, then they can't tell (unless your sending huge wads, then your just an idiot lol)

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.