Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well okay so far I've gotten four offers and three of them are clear about what grade I need to get in.

Middlesex University however has an offer that does not specify a grade. This is what they've written at the UCAS website.

This offer is subject to your obtaining Successful completion of current course Please send your results to The Admissions Office Middlesex University, North London Business Park, Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1QS and Obtain IELTS minimum grade 6.0, TOEFL (IBT) minimum 213, or an equivalent English Language qualification. Your IELTS or TOEFL results must be sent to us before the end of June 2006. Do not delay in booking your test date. ----- Your study base is the Hendon campus. If you have any queries please call 020 8411 6722 Contact your LEA regarding fees and student loans. Please note that this programme at Middlesex University begins on Monday 18th September 2006. We look forward to welcoming you to Middlesex University.

Does successful completion of my current course mean that I just have to pass it?

The rest of my offers go something like this.

This offer is subject to your obtaining Obtaining grade 8 or above in the studentereksamen, including a minimum of grade 9 in English.

Now am I correct to assume that Middlesex University will let me in if I pass my current education(Danish Business College, same as High School), but that they do not have any specific grade requirements? +that I achive the required score of an IELTS test?

Please let me know how you interpret the offer.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I can read out of it, too. And that they accept TOEFL or IELTS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammertal)
    That's what I can read out of it, too. And that they accept TOEFL or IELTS.

So successful completion is another way of saying that I have to pass? If a specific grade is not written, then that means that there is no specific grade requirement? Because unfortunatly there is no way for me to achieve the grade that my other offers demand, since the grade 8 is what they want my average grade to be from my last two years at my school, I'm sorry to say that I messed up badly last year. Even if I do really well this year, which I will, it's still not possible for me to achieve that grade as I'll be hampered by my previous very low marks.

If this indeed all they require, then I'm in before you can spot the heat around the corner!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Why don't you phone/email them to make sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Why don't you phone/email them to make sure?

Yeah I guess I should do that tomorrow, it's just that I just saw the conditions 20 minutes ago and in my search for instant gratification, I made this thread.

So what do you think? Is there no grade requirement?

ReputationRep:
    Please someone reassure me that I'm right.....I can't stand the fact that I won't find out till tomorrow.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    We don't know for sure!

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Juno... we cant know for certain... we're not experts here i'm afraid... phone them tomorrow. There's no frantic rush at the moment! Don't worry! Just ring up and ask what it means.

ReputationRep:
    Why worry...u've already got an offer which we can see is the least demanding!

ReputationRep:
    Well I called them and the person I talked to said that there is no grade requirement. She even searched for the name of the qualification I'm taking and said that they don't have any grade requirements. So I just have to pass and get a 6 on the IELTS.

I couldn't be happier.

ReputationRep:
    Wish we all were you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehtical)
    Wish we all were you!

I admit I got pretty damn lucky. But I'm sure you'll all do well. :tsr:

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.