Does it matter what your gf/bf wears? Watch

Objet trouvé
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes. I care. It is, to be quite honest, one of the main factors in whether or not I fancy someone. First impressions matter, and everyone is shallow to an extent. I just find some sense of personal style very, very attractive. You don't have to be styled to perfection, some guys can just roll out of bed and still look hot in a cool t-shirt and some jeans, but I always feel that there has to be something unique and different about the way they dress. I like guys with longish rockstar hair as well, and the way someone dresses often hints at their musical tastes (sad but true) and I tend to go for people with the same interests, so it makes sense. However, I will admit that when it comes to shoes, I am unbelievably shallow.
Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It does kinda for me but only because I couldn't stand to go out with someone who kept wearing chav-like gear - it's just so unattractive to me.
Other than that most other types of clothes don't bother me at all.
slk999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
White jeans, "crazy" shirts, naff shoes/trainers, bad bad bad hair, un-funky glasses, skanky coat, long-sleeved tshirts *shudder* (esp with those celtic/gothic/tattoo patterns on the sleeves)...
Yuck- white jeans- didn't even know you could buy them! :eek: . But it would depend on whether the person was poor or not- if they were poor- would you expect them to buy good shoes? And would you include Vans in your 'naff' collection? I agree with skanky coat and the un-funky glasses, but long sleeved t-shirts aren't that bad really... would you prefer them to wear short sleeved t-shirts? And what would you constitute bad bad hair as?
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's very important - I think i'd struggle to fancy someone who didn't make an effort/had bad dress sense. What you wear/how you do your hair etc can have a big impact on your overall attractiveness.

Also, I wouldn't want my boyf to dress scruffy and minging..has to look nice and pretty and gay
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
YES! of course i do! its the next thing i look at when i see a guy, 1st face 2nd clothes.

if my bf looks like **** i will tell him, oh why dont we look at something else for you to wear, but the guys i go for just wear tracksuits and trainers with trucker hats most of the time. i think that is so bloody sexy
fiesty_fox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes it does kind of, but i will still give them a chance even if they have bad dress sense becaseu once if you are in a realtionship with them you can change what they wear and buy some new clothes for them :rolleyes:
englishrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I notice clothes quite a lot. A guy with a good dress sense is a bonus, but as long as they don't wear anything horrendous I'm OK with it. I also tend to like guys with a similar style to me, as it indicates musical tastes, as someone said.

However, the thing I'm worst on is hair. I'm so shallow when it comes to hair! Someone can be pretty cute, but I might go off them if they had a haircut!
Duck and Cover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One of my friends (who I sort of fancy :rolleyes: ), she dresses so manly! She looked amazing at our prom and at parties, but all other time she's just dressed like a boy lol! For Christmas I've bought her one of those little mannequin things which you can hang jewellery on, in my desperate attempt to re-feminise her !!
slk999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Duck and Cover)
One of my friends (who I sort of fancy :rolleyes: ), she dresses so manly! She looked amazing at our prom and at parties, but all other time she's just dressed like a boy lol! For Christmas I've bought her one of those little mannequin things which you can hang jewellery on, in my desperate attempt to re-feminise her !!
Haha! Nice work. I have a friend like that- lol, though she'd NEVER be my gf as I like someone more feminine- like Loob .
Clart
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooo a poll
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My bf dresses how he likes and I'm fine with that, though I do encourage him to dress up a bit for occasions. He just bought a kilt outfit for our ball and looks so incredibly sexy in it that I'm very glad I nagged him
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As long as they aren't wearing nothing but a shopping bag it's fine by me. Pretty much.
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It matters a lot to me... depends how highly you value clothes and style etc...

often a girl's style will make her more appealing to me, pretty girls all dressed in 'high street shic what Sienna Miller's wearing this week' just sorta merge into each other and don't stand out... I like quirky girls, who try to be that little bit different.
Duck and Cover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rich_)
Haha! Nice work. I have a friend like that- lol, though she'd NEVER be my gf as I like someone more feminine- like Loob .
This girl's called Carey, you think she'd be all feminine and everything but noo! I know its naive and wrong, but I'm going to change her :cool:
Lady_Muck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Am I a bad person if I say yes?

I could never date a person that wears skate shoes. Part of the attraction for me is what they are wearing, I like to think I make an effort and I expect them to do likewise.
beff...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They clothes show their personality, so i would never go out with someone wearing big tracksuits and gold chains beucase i know that would be chavvy.
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think clothing expresses your personality and so does your other. ie would a goth really date someone dressed as a chav in front of their goth friends?
swazzle2000
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
as long as he doesn't go 'chav' then i don't care.

even bright yellow trousers would be fine. ha.

p.s - stop being so shallow... if girls want to wear baggy clothes, then thats their decision. just because you want to gawp at their boobs in skin tight tops doesn't mean you get to... get over it.
Jingaling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes and No. I've nearly been seeing my boyfriend for two years now and I generally like the way he dressed, possibly because it was the first thing I noticed about him from "afar". I know he wears what he likes and he feels comfortable.

I wouldn't like it if he dressed like a "charv" or anything daft like that since that's not who he is. And I'm sure he wouldn't like it if I did either.
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Life's too short to have hang ups about people you're attracted to but don't dress in a style you find appealing. But then again, if you do find it such a turn off, you wouldn't be attracted to them in the first place.

I don't have time to make an effort with nice clothes 80% of the time, so I don't expect my man to either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads