Turn on thread page Beta

Maths C1 watch

ReputationRep:
    hey, i do MEI maths nd everyone finds C1 easy! the problem is, i dont find it THAT simple, and i got a C in my mock! i dont usually get that low, perhaps a high B, but i really need an A with high high unit marks in january, do you think this is possible? my mate told me that every1 gets what i got in the mock n pass the exam easy, is this true?

ReputationRep:
    C1 is easy. I think you didnt have pure maths in olevels. Then it can become tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veer)
    hey, i do MEI maths nd everyone finds C1 easy! the problem is, i dont find it THAT simple, and i got a C in my mock! i dont usually get that low, perhaps a high B, but i really need an A with high high unit marks in january, do you think this is possible? my mate told me that every1 gets what i got in the mock n pass the exam easy, is this true?
    of course it is possible, just look where you went wrong and practise lots

ReputationRep:
    I did edexcel C1 last year and found it hard and am retaking this year and find it a piece of cake, it does get easier just takes practice. The good thing about C1 is that it contains relitively few topics (at least for edexcel) eg if you can do simple differentiation and integration, remember the power laws Eg; X to the power of minus one equals one divided by X, can complete the square, sketch curves, use the quadratic formulas, use the co- ordinate geometery formulas :

y-y1=m(x-x1) as well as (y-y1)/(y2-y1)=(x-x1)/(x2-x1)

and the arithmetic series formulas:

Sn= (n/2) (2a + (n-1)d) and Sn=(n/2) (a+L) and Un= a + (n-1)d

Learn the proof of the quadratic formula by completing the square and the proof of the formula for the sum of a series, do LOTS of practice papers making sure that you DO see the teacher if there are any problems with getting solutions for the questions. Do all of this and im sure you will do fine!

ReputationRep:
    im in the same position - im the only person in my class that finds C1 hard - you just have to keep practising until your confident with it

ReputationRep:
    i found C1 tough, then i did C2 which just enhanced my knowledge of C1 because there is a lot of the same topics and so as you go through te course you'll get better at earlier modules.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    c1 is a lot easier after you do c2 just pratice and remember after c1 you can use calculators in every other exam good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    U need loadz of practise..
    I got a B in my AS so im repeating to get an A..
    If u need extra practise papers.. i will help u
    I have the links for
    1) ZigZag papers
    2) Solomon Papers
    3) Practise papers (1 - 3)

If u can complete all these, then ur bound to get above 95%

ReputationRep:
    Hey Veer!!

my name is Kym , i'm also taking C1 maths and i don't find it particularly easy either! I got a B in my mock and my teachers keep telling me that the paper i took was really easy!!
    It also doesn't help moving to a boys school where all the boys are geniuses!!!

LOL! maybe you can find a helpful AS revsion guide as these were the key to my success at GCSE!

Kym xXx
    Hey i jst looked at ur profile!! do u go to WCGS?

ReputationRep:
    TRUST ME C1 is eaaaaasyy!! Its only mocks, with practising past papers, doing exercises and learning the key equations its really easy. I found it easier than my olevel BY FAR!! Dont worry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra010588)
    TRUST ME C1 is eaaaaasyy!! Its only mocks, with practising past papers, doing exercises and learning the key equations its really easy. I found it easier than my olevel BY FAR!! Dont worry x
    its only easy if you can do it which at the moment i cant so im gonna have to practise

usman s - can i have those links

ReputationRep:
    Practise really does make perfect. The more you practise, the better you will become ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm just basically going to reiterate what others have said. Practise, practise, practise. At first it was a bit challenging because I didn't know what they were asking at first but once you do those solomon papers, past papers you'll get the gist and it shouldn't be too bad. Don't worry about it because there are loads of people out there in the same boat but also there are people who think it's easy. It's down to you as an individual, don't feel intimidated by other people finding it easier. Just try your best, that's all you can do.
    Good Luck x

ReputationRep:
    C1 is simple - if you practice enough, then you'll get excellent marks as there are only 7 or 8 different types of questions that will come up, so you just need to be familiar with them and you'll be fine. Good luck in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    We've been given this thick book of past exam papers so that's what i'll be using now, and the AQA book for c1 and c2 but only some bits of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the paper is actually really quite easy, it is stupid mistakes that usually lower most people's grades - I shud get 100% but keep making stupid mistakes................. if only there was some way to have a fool proof check................

....... but there never is.............

ReputationRep:
    we took C1 and C2 exams together in June last year, instead of doing C1 in jan etc etc.....I dont know if thats what helped, but what I do know is, like everyone else said, practise is the key
    Theres only that many types of questions that can come up. Practise as many past papers as you can (including the old spec, the p1 etc), and youll be fine! Good luck to everybody sitting any exam by the way!

ReputationRep:
    C1 easy after practicing past paper questions. In the beginning, i was flopping mocks, with Us in c1. Now i cant believe i found it hard, got 91% in real thing. All i did was practice solomon papers. Practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artorscience?)
    Hey, the paper is actually really quite easy, it is stupid mistakes that usually lower most people's grades - I shud get 100% but keep making stupid mistakes................. if only there was some way to have a fool proof check................

....... but there never is.............
    :ditto: I'm so like that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    C1 may be the easiest, but its also the most important. If you can get C1 and C2 to a high standard, then the rest are straightforward. As an example, some people in my class find it difficult to work out intersection points and areas under graphs, because they just didn't learn simultaneous equations properly or how to use them. This can happen easily, but anything not learned properly in maths often affects you down the line and will hinder your learning. Work at it now.

Good luck.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.