The Student Room Group
Reply 1
8am till 7pm on sundays... but i always do that... as i get £7.74 an hour...
The most i've ever done was a 12 midday - 12pm shift at Mcdonalds, but over this Christmas i doubt i'll work more than 5 hours at a time.
Reply 3
I did 7.30am to 9.30pm...it nearly killed me! 14 hours of one of the service users telling me it's his birthday today (when it blatantly isn't) really does get tiring, but he can't help it bless him.

I don't have my shifts for Christmas yet, I'm on bank so it's as and when.
Reply 4
DanGrover
The most i've ever done was a 12 midday - 12pm shift at Mcdonalds, but over this Christmas i doubt i'll work more than 5 hours at a time.

You worked 24 hours? (Or zero)

Sorry couldn't help it.

My longest will be from 8.15am to 5.15pm, not so bad you might think, but that will be on christmas eve.
I haven't started uni yet, my longest ever shift was 27hours and on Jan 2nd I'm working 7.30am-10.30pm Then again either you've done a typo or you've done as long a shift as I have ever done, which would be unusual cause my shift was illegal ( too many hours)
Joe_87
You worked 24 hours? (Or zero)

Sorry couldn't help it.

My longest will be from 8.15pm to 5.15pm, not so bad you might think, but that will be on christmas eve.

You worked 21 hours? (Or -3 hours)

Sorry couldn't help it.

:biggrin:
I've done 5.30PM - 4.30AM at the bar I work at. But I get a pizza, so its cool.
Reply 8
My longest shift ever was 10.5 hours, Christmas week last year at Morrisons
Was horrible as the store had to close because the queues got so bad!!
Reply 9
Where I worked last summer I did 12.5 hours every day, 5 days a week. It was hard physical work a lot of the time too. I was totally exhausted at the end of every day! Weekends were spent sleeping mostly!
Reply 10
DanGrover
You worked 21 hours? (Or -3 hours)

Sorry couldn't help it.

:biggrin:

Ah touché.
:redface:
ani't u lot in trade unions?

would never allow them shifts.

never.

as to being bought off with a pizza, your managment is laughing, mate, laughing.
I worked 9am - midnight after someone called in sick so I did back to back shifts. Was rewarded with the following day off though in lieu so I didn't really mind.
In the summer I used to do 9am - 10pm in a shop with no break. Yes I know that's illegal but the staff are a bit thick and kick off when it's mentioned because you don't get paid for it.
Reply 14
After working 56 hous in 3 days in the summer I'm definately going to avoid the long shifts this Christmas. I think my longest will be 11 hours but with a 2 hour break in the midde (I'm working a split).
I'm working 9 hours tonight, but thats normal when we have a gig on. New Years Eve will probably be 10+
Reply 16
hubarabsprog
ani't u lot in trade unions?

would never allow them shifts.

never.

as to being bought off with a pizza, your managment is laughing, mate, laughing.

Yes I was in a union (USDAW), but I chose to work a longer shift, I wasn't forced into it.

Latest