francistheswole
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
well basically i will be sharing a kitchen with 12-13 people. and i'll most likely have a separate diet from everyone else. (i;'l be eating 6 + meals a day/cooking my on specific meals- gym related)

i was wondering if anyone uses a mini fridge in their room, and i would appreciate it if you can tell me where i can buy cheap mini fridges with decent space or post a link.
sophiekatina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah people use them all the time! Argos BARGAIN http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...ni+fridges+%2F
Emmargh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was told that you weren't allowed them, I'm confused. :confused:
Are they allowed to have them or not? or does it just depend on the university?
chainedheart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mini-fridges are terrible. I can only fit a 6 pack of beer...
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lots of hall accommodation don't allow mini fridges because they use up a lot of electricity and are quite dangerous as they overheat without proper ventilation. You best ask in your relevant uni subforum whether they lenient with mini fridges before investing in one.

And yes a most of them are tiny and barely fit a few beers in, let alone a 6 meal plan every day.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phobia27)
Lots of hall accommodation don't allow mini fridges because they use up a lot of electricity and are quite dangerous as they overheat without proper ventilation. You best ask in your relevant uni subforum whether they lenient with mini fridges before investing in one.

As yes a most of them are tiny and barely fit a few beers in, let alone a 6 meal plan every day.
This.. but.. they often don't actually care and won't do anything about it.
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Check your accomodation contract. Every university is different.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most places will say you're not allowed them, however they have to give notice of room checks etc so you can just pop it in a box or something if anyone's due to check.
Emmargh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phobia27)

And yes a most of them are tiny and barely fit a few beers in, let alone a 6 meal plan every day.
I have a mini fridge in my room already (at home, I'm going to university in September), and to be honest, it tends to keep things quite cool even when it's not switched on, I just wanted to take it for more storage and to hide things from flat mates. There's also the debate about the kettle as well. People tell me that kettles aren't allowed. I'll have to check all this out on the university forums.
Bobifier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my halls mini fridges are against the terms and conditions. On the other hand, they also give me several weeks notice before entering my room.
stephie.u3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
bit off topic but if you're in a shared kitchen do you take your own pans etc??
emeleh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not always against terms and conditions - my friend got given a mini fridge BY her uni after making numerous complaints that people stole her food.
Rob da Mop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my halls they provide a mini-fridge with the room :cool:

In other news, saying you require 6 meals a day for gym-related reasons makes you sound like a tool.
emeleh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by stephie.u3)
bit off topic but if you're in a shared kitchen do you take your own pans etc??
Yeah - its highly unlikely they will provide this!
francistheswole
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rob da Mop)
In my halls they provide a mini-fridge with the room :cool:

In other news, saying you require 6 meals a day for gym-related reasons makes you sound like a tool.
really how so?

to gain muscle you need to eat properly, i have a small appetite so i eat 6 smaller meals a day. just because i'm committed doesn't make me a tool, i would appreciate it if you just stayed on topic lol, but thanks i guess
vicky_1234
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by francistheswole)
really how so?

to gain muscle you need to eat properly, i have a small appetite so i eat 6 smaller meals a day. just because i'm committed doesn't make me a tool, i would appreciate it if you just stayed on topic lol, but thanks i guess
But how will you fit 6 meals in a mini fridge?
francistheswole
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicky_1234)
But how will you fit 6 meals in a mini fridge?
i never said i was going to put 6 meals into the mini fridge. if i have to got into detail so be it.

my meal plan goes something like this.

meal 1: 3-4 eggs, 3 toast, 500ml of milk , oats and whey(fridge isn't needed)
meal 2: 100g of peanuts - (again fridge isn't needed)
meal 3: pasta and mince meat(i cook so it lasts me a couple days-mini fridge needed)
meal 4: can of tuna(fridge isn't needed)
meal 5: same as meal 3(mini fridge needed)
meal 6. peanut,nutella sandwich(no fridge needed)

the mini fridge is mainly for eggs and cooked pasta/mince meat i don't want people stealing it during the night otherwise i won't reach my daily macros.
barrett1987
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
y6ou dont have to go into detail mate, haters always gonna hate.

i and most normal people understood exactly what you meant.
francistheswole
Rep:
?
(Original post by barrett1987)
y6ou dont have to go into detail mate, haters always gonna hate.

i and most normal people understood exactly what you meant.
yup but i did it just to make sure lol
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God help anyone who steals any of my food when I go this September. I take my food seriously. And I am not a nice man when angered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads