Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosetinted)
    http://venus.walagata.com/w/magenta/evilkitten.jpg

Don't trust cats!
    Jesus, Cats are so evil. Jess eats pixies, kittens with guns, bet you are gonna tell me Bagpus is an assasin, and that puss in boots had class A drugs in his boots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggie_boy)
    Jesus, Cats are so evil. Jess eats pixies, kittens with guns, bet you are gonna tell me Bagpus is an assasin, and that puss in boots had class A drugs in his boots
    You never know!! Amusingly the first thing that came up when I googled Bagpuss was this pic..so I think Bagpuss was the drugs cat.

http://dalliance.net/b3ta/Bagpuss.jpg

I wonder what puss did have in those boots, maybe it was throwing knives?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds very rude "googling bagpuss" and I think knives are a bit tame for a hardcore feline like puss in boots, maybe a sub machine gun or some kind of nuclear weapon in which puss plans total world domination by bringing the worlds postal services to a standstill.

ReputationRep:
    I assume that Intercity never watched Postman Pat as a kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggie_boy)
    Sounds very rude "googling bagpuss"
    I'll google your bagpuss!

Anyway, no offence or anything, but couldn't common sense have pretty much answered this whole thread... at least when combined with knowledge (that I assume we all have) that postcodes, postmen and trains that carry mail exist...

Anyone else have a bit of a soft spot for the old Royal Mail? Regardless of buggering up occasionally, I'm genuinely impressed that it all still functions... plus I liked Postman Pat.

ReputationRep:
    You push the letter in the mailbox, it gets emptied, goes to the mail centre where people sort it into 1st and 2nd class, then they get whizzed through the machine to mark the stamps, then they are sorted in the depot into postcode/geographical areas and bagged for transportation to the big mail processing centre that has the machines that read the addresses, from there it's distributed to the appropriate local mail centre who get the bags, sort into streets/areas and give to the relevant postmen/women to deliver on their runs in the morning.

Stuff with no stamps....depends. They'll usually post a little card to the recipient saying they have the item and if they want it they have to pay a surcharge which is the cost of the postage + a handling fee. If they don't claim it I don't know whether they'd post it back to you or dispose of it. Altho coz it's Xmas now I think some of the people sorting are feeling a bit more generous and not pulling the stuff with no stamps if it looks like a genuine mistake...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.