Electro-blue hair dye? Watch

Asphyxiating
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know where I can get some like cyber, electro bright blue hair dye.. I just want to do mainly the bottom of my hair, or streaks, but my overdraft won't really accommodate 40 quid for the hairdressers :p: I've checked Superdrugs and Boots but the blue they have there just seems dark blackish blue and as I'm asian and my hair is already black, I would like something that would show up. I've heard that you can use foils without having to bleach your hair but I'm not really sure where I can get this from. If anyone has any suggestions, i'd be tres grateful xxx
spin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If your hair is dark then it won't be a bright blue unless you bleach it. This might be disguised by the dye already having the bleach included. Also, you can't get blue in permanent, so when it fades the hair will still be paler.

'Colour shots' do a nice bright blue, but it's deeper than an electro blue, which I only managed to get through hairdressers when I went through the whole blue-hair thing.

Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I saw a permanent electric blue sye in wilkinsons!
Little Girl Red
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have you got a branch of "blue banana" near you? They sell really realllllly bright hair dye but you WILL have to bleach your hair first.

http://www.bluebanna.com/
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Asphyxiating)
Does anyone know where I can get some cyber
hehehe! maybe this should be in health and relationships? :hahaha: :toofunny:
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
I saw a permanent electric blue sye in wilkinsons!

Hmm.. highly doubtful...If it's really bright blue then there are no permanent dyes for that. Plus my hairdresser told me that blue dye doesnt take well to hair so it's more likely to come out on everything you own than say red.

But yes...no bright blue for you without bleach. and i wouldnt recommend doing that at home.
~*Sweetness*~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Your hair is gonna look awesome
Psycho Gerbil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had blue hair a while ago. It looked cool but I can't help with the dye issue, cos I had it plaited in. But if you get it done, you'll look wicked!
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would most certainly advise *against* such a move.
Asphyxiating
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Thanks for all the suggestions! I don't think we have a Blue Banana in Liverpool unfortunately..the stores are in the randomest places! Anyway, hopefully I've persuaded a friend to get it done for me in the hairdresser's for an xmas present I'll check out the colour shots, I heard that you don't need to bleach your hair though if you use foils? As my hair is so dark though, some kind of bleach will probably end up going on it! Hopefully there's still time to get in there before xmas! So excited now, I think i'm gonna go for a shoulder length cut, and get some layers, bit of a fringe, and dye the ends and front bits in blue Thanks again xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise