This discussion is closed.
Lisx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
when i do my UCAS form i'm putting vet med down for the 4 choices ur allowed to use for vet med, the other 2 I am thinking i shhould put zoology down just incase i really mess my grades up.

If i get the grades and no offer from vet school i'll take a year out and re-apply but if i dont get the grades i would seriously consider zoology insted.

I read a couple of places offer CCD for zoology, is this a typical offer? thanks Lisa xxx
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
CCD Isnt a typical offer for quite a few places - at bristol for instance I think it is usually ABB. Im not sure about the others. I think Abderdeen may do it for those grades.
Have you applied for vet med this year? Or next? Ive just been to my last interview for vet med at Liverpool and awaiting the result of that in march! :§ I applied for Psychology/Zoology Joint Honours at Bristol (still awaiting a reply from them as well) and I think that their offer varies between AAB-BBB so...
Also dont rule out other courses such as Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry as you can go on to do vet med with them as well. At Bristol there is one student who even did Archaeology!

Feel free to PM me if you want...
Rear366
Report 17 years ago
i thot zoology was only there so that the list of courses that the uni provides looks bigger!!!!!!!!!dint know it was a real course
Lisx
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
CCD Isnt a typical offer for quite a few places - at bristol for instance I think it is usually ABB. Im not sure about the others. I think Abderdeen may do it for those grades.
Have you applied for vet med this year? Or next? Ive just been to my last interview for vet med at Liverpool and awaiting the result of that in march! :§ I applied for Psychology/Zoology Joint Honours at Bristol (still awaiting a reply from them as well) and I think that their offer varies between AAB-BBB so...
Also dont rule out other courses such as Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry as you can go on to do vet med with them as well. At Bristol there is one student who even did Archaeology!

Feel free to PM me if you want...

Cheers!! i'm applying for vet med in 2006, i think we've pm'ed each other b4 i'm the girl who'll be mature student when i apply. I've already got some work experience lined up in a vets, the CPL, an abattoir, lambing i'm not sure to be honest what i'll put down for my last 2 choices cos i'm not planning on being rejected xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads