Forensic Psychology Work Experience?

Watch
benonbass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I graduate with a BSc Psychology degree this summer with a view to getting myself on a Forensic Psychology masters at some point within the next years or so but I'm not sure where I can get the relevant work experience that would get me onto a course. I currently have no work experience in either psychology or the criminal justice system so if anyone could give me some suggestions as to what work experience would be most beneficial and would make my CV look good I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Start by looking at www.do-it.org.uk to see if there are any relevant voluntary opportunities, such as prison visiting/supporting people on probation etc.
Try www.jobs.nhs.uk for vacancies in secure facilities, as well as your local paper for other related jobs.
Otherwise, get something related that will give you useful skills, such as on a psychiatric ward/with homeless people etc.
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
bump - good question
ashley_graduate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey

I have just graduated in psychology this year aswell. I am going to do my PGC post grad certificate (which is basically 1/3 of a masters) in forensic psychology. I did not have any experience either and want to do so this year as well as study. I did get onto the course without any experience though, so you should go for it anyway. Ive choosen to do PGC this acd year because of money and need work aswell, so taking my time. Im not sure what I plan on doing, I can conti to do whole masters or come out with a PGC in forensic psychology and see what I can get with that. Probz go into doing more experienc at that point.
kayelove
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

I am looking to gain experience via work in relating to forensic psychology because I would like to carry on with a Masters etc next year. Has anyone found work in that department or does anyone have advice?

Kind Regards,

Konov
kayelove
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=kayelove;73893824]Hi,

I am looking to gain experience via work in relating to forensic psychology because I would like to carry on with a Masters etc next year. Has anyone found work in that department or does anyone have advice?
kayelove
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I found a job at a mental hospital which should help me gain experience in forensic psychology. Therefore I shall apply to do my masters.
Joshka123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Kayelove,I am looking at gaining experience before I pursue a masters in forensic psychology. May I ask what sort of job it is you're doing at the hospital? Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (595)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads