Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would you be willing to spend 60p for a space on an internet site?

I can't explain exactly what for but for something that would be up online forever. Kind of like owning some space on the moon but not that.

Something you had some personal involvement in, that you could either buy for yourself or as a present - for one time payment of 60p

ReputationRep:
    Well, I doubt many people are going to answer your question because you are being so very vague. I doubt also that anybody is going to want to steal your business idea so you should just come out with it and ask us direct.

Personally probably not, because it doesn't seem worthwile. It is only 60p, but I can't be arsed spending it if it's not for something productive. And I hate the "own some space on the moon"/"buy a star" schemes, I think they are exactly that; schemes, and are rather cheap and tacky, plus they are not actually official ownership.

Plus, how cheap would somebody have to be to buy a present for someone for 60p?!

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I am just being honest. If you specify further, then I will be able to tell you what I think of the idea but otherwise I can't really say. PM me if you are so worried!

By the way, if this is like a website with loads of advertising space and different companies buy different sized spaces it has already been done on numerous occasions.

ReputationRep:
    This guy sells 1 pixel for $1 and he's got a million pixels on his page and he's sold over 700,000 of them (you do the maths)

the BBC covered it ages ago:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4271694.stm

Copy the website from the article to see it (TSR won't let me link u to it?)

Dammn good idea, wish I thought of it lol,

ReputationRep:
    Is that million dollar homepage, I've forgotten the name of it?

ReputationRep:
    hmm pretty gd idea, only prob wud b:
    y wud someone buy 100 pixels for 100 dollars when u can buy a url ending with .com, .co.uk, .org with much less? (as in, you can buy a website for less than that, so y bother paying so much for something as big as an avatar?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolo)
    hmm pretty gd idea, only prob wud b:
    y wud someone buy 100 pixels for 100 dollars when u can buy a url ending with .com, .co.uk, .org with much less? (as in, you can buy a website for less than that, so y bother paying so much for something as big as an avatar?)
    because more people visit the other site.

ReputationRep:
    yea but what if the site's popularity starts fading after 3 months that this article came out? then its just a huge waste of money (i wud understand sum1 like mc donalds or pepsi to do it but small firms dont have that much money to waste right?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the type of site, what would be up etc. Its impossible to give an answer to such a vague question, but most likely its no, because you can do so much for free.

ReputationRep:
    Ok well its a kind of blog and the 60p charge is for the typing up of each person's addition. Can't really say anymore than that. Bascially just wanted to know if you would spend 60p?

ReputationRep:
    :mosh:

ReputationRep:
    TSR should be put on there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy25)
    Ok well its a kind of blog and the 60p charge is for the typing up of each person's addition. Can't really say anymore than that. Bascially just wanted to know if you would spend 60p?
    No I wouldn't. Obviously I can't tell for sure, but it sounds like the sort of thing that should be done for free.

ReputationRep:
    No. 60p is way too much money. Why would we post a blog there when LJ's basic model is free and more than adequate?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.