The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When i'm in work and they start playing the same christmas CD on repeat 24hours a day and it's only got 8 tracks on it.

It gets quite serious after the 9th hour of "Here it is Merry Christma....."

but hey, it's christmas lol
...you wake up with a headache because the mulled wine you drank the night before was hella strong.
Reply 3
You realise you care a little less year in year out
christmas displays in store have been there for about 3 months...
Reply 5
Eru
christmas displays in store have been there for about 3 months...

you hear the snowman song

*sings - I'm walking in the aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir*

hehe
Reply 6
ferrus
You realise you care a little less year in year out

way to ruin the mood ferrus :frown:
Reply 7
notts
way to ruin the mood ferrus :frown:
Hey I'm honest, what can I say?
...you start staring at the sky as if that will somehow make it snow
Reply 9
ferrus
Hey I'm honest, what can I say?

tell me a story about santa, so i can cling onto my childhood that little bit longer
Reply 10
notts
tell me a story about santa, so i can cling onto my childhood that little bit longer
Santa has been caught as a child molester and will spend the rest of his years in jail.
Reply 11
ferrus
Santa has been caught as a child molester and will spend the rest of his years in jail.

shall i go slit my wrists now, or you got anything else?
Reply 12
notts
shall i go slit my wrists now, or you got anything else?
No, apart from the fact when you die all the time you have spent celebrating Christmas will have been utterly wasted.
Reply 13
ferrus
No, apart from the fact when you die all the time you have spent celebrating Christmas will have been utterly wasted.

hmm, disagree with that.
spending time with my family, eating good food, drinking, gift sharing, watching the snowman at 10 o clock on channel 4 etc.. i dont see that as a waste of time.

discussing this on tsr when i have an essay due in tomorrow on the other hand...
JackieS
you hear the snowman song

*sings - I'm walking in the aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir*

hehe

whenever i hear that song, i want to get a rather large rocket launcher and fire it at the cd player/tv/speakers/choir singers that it is originating from
Reply 15
Dude
The coca cola advert comes on :smile:

what else?

i love that advert :biggrin: it is a perfect example of how it should be done.

to me it is when i come home and see all the decorations that my parents have put up. i never do that, don't even have an advent candle stick.
Reply 16
the shops play "Santa baby" which is the WORST song ever

You get Yuletide air fresheners

Christmas number one single

You spend lots of money on other people when you would rather spend it on yourself

Endless fights over who decorates the tree

Suddenly, the idea of drinking warm red wine with half a spice rack thrown in it sounds like a super idea

The shopping centre lingerie store is full of men

Carol singing

Wintertime kissing :wink:
Reply 17
segat1

Carol singing

Also know as idiot children who think they can sing but can't begging for money.

Wintertime kissing :wink:
Only if you happen not to be a social outcast. Even if you don't you then have the joy of glandular fever being spread :smile:
When you do crosswords in your A-Level history class :rofl:
Reply 19
I haven't seen the coca-cola advert on at all yet, I think I'm watching a lot less tv lately. Otherwise I've honestly been trying to dodge Christmas stuff with all schoolwork, revision attempts and trying to find time between for going out and practicing guitar/harmonica I've not thought about Christmas. The only time I've had to is when my parents are like 'So what do you want?' and my 2-hour long Tuesday shop marathon buying Christmas presents.

Latest

Trending

Trending