The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

i really want to go to city un, lets pray as levels are going to be good :o:o

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I will hopefully be applying for Optometry for 2012 entry :smile: just worried about how I did for these summer exams!!
Reply 2
Original post by infinite_nigma
Hey, I will hopefully be applying for Optometry for 2012 entry :smile: just worried about how I did for these summer exams!!

yh, im sure you will be fine..by the way what a-levels are currently studying:smile:
Original post by blackjenny2006

yh, im sure you will be fine..by the way what a-levels are currently studying:smile:

hope so....I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and Psychology at AS Level...I also did religious studies but I won't be doing that at Alevel...messed up that exam real bad (btw, I'm an AS retake) .. how about you? :smile:
Reply 4
hope so....I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and Psychology at AS Level...I also did religious studies but I won't be doing that at Alevel...messed up that exam real bad (btw, I'm an AS retake) .. how about you? :smile:

im doing biology, maths, german , history and politics for a-level but i am going to drop politics and history

im doing biology, maths, german , history and politics for a-level but i am going to drop politics and history

oh oki :smile: ... good luck with your application!! hope you get a place
Reply 6
oh oki :smile: ... good luck with your application!! hope you get a place

thannk..you :wink:
hope you get a place as well
Reply 7
Good luck guys, you'll all be fine :biggrin:
After fleeting between chemistry and medicine I have decided on optometry :tongue: just had some wok experience and really liked it. I never would have thought of of doing it before but hey!. Researched around the course and stuff and I think its what Ill be applying for :biggrin:

Ill be a gap year this year. Collecting monehs, then going on holiday next year. :biggrin:

Also we need to change the title of this thread. :tongue: to optometry applicants 2012
Original post by Rosi M
Good luck guys, you'll all be fine :biggrin:

You got into manchester with a B in biology :0 I've tried emailing manchester as to ask whether they will accept B in biology but they havent replied. This is because on their website they say that they require an A in biology. :s

Anyway congrats on getting into Manchester :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
You got into manchester with a B in biology :0 I've tried emailing manchester as to ask whether they will accept B in biology but they havent replied. This is because on their website they say that they require an A in biology. :s

Anyway congrats on getting into Manchester :biggrin:

My main worry was getting the A in Chem, I emailed them too and they emphasised getting the A in Chem more than bio possibly because chemistry is seen as harder I guess. Their offer was AAB, I firmed Manchester and thankfully performed ok in my interview so they showed a degree of leniency. I heard of someone getting in this year into Manchester with ABB, BB in sciences.
Guys do you HAVE to work in an optician in order to apply for this? If not what kind of work experience is needed? : )
Reply 12
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Guys do you HAVE to work in an optician in order to apply for this? If not what kind of work experience is needed? : )

Hey, no you don't HAVE to. Its not compulsory though it would look good and because other applicants may have work experience there, it would look good if you have it too. But if thats not possible for you, which is the case alot of the times then work experience or voluntary work anywhere even a charity shop would do fine because it would show you've gone out your way to do something. Im sure there are lots of applicants who have no work experience in an optician and from the 2011 thread, i remember you saying you have your A level results already so seriously, relax. You'll be fine and seeing an 'unconditional' offer soon :smile:
Reply 13
Hey i wanna do optometry at city really bad too lol
My subjects are Maths, Biology, Physics and I.T. and i got ABBB respectively at AS :smile:
Do ya think i gotta chance?
Good luck to you all, I remember last year I was sooo nervous but it all turned out fine. :biggrin:
Reply 15
I am doing IB and i hope to go City university too :smile:
Reply 16
Hi guys, im really interested in doing optometry when I've finished my a levels. Im currently doing maths, physics, bio and business. Do we need chemistry to do the course? Or not?
Original post by GirlyGirl
Hi guys, im really interested in doing optometry when I've finished my a levels. Im currently doing maths, physics, bio and business. Do we need chemistry to do the course? Or not?

No you don't, the universities ask for two sciences. :smile: There is chemistry in the course, but it's not an entry requirement.
I'm gonna apply to Aston as my firm for 2012... I hope I'm fortunate enough to get an offer as I've heard its rather competitive :P
I really want cardiff as my firm! but Plymouth (my hometown) started their course this year and it looks very simlar to cardiff's course content!!!

I've wanted this since i was 14, i'm on UCAS Track everyday!!
Has anyone else applied for Optometry yet?? I know no one applying for it =[

Quick Reply

Latest