Boyfriend changing when he's around his friends Watch

Duck and Cover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My guy friends change when they're around other guy friends - they turn all *macho* grrr! I actually thought your thread was something about guys getting changed round other peoples houses :p:!!
r0manticide17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know someone like that. So i called it off. Now im with someone that isnt bothered about what his mates think. Confront him about it. If nothing changes, you know what to do. Good luck
smoomoo
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
my boyfriend was exactly the same when we were both at sixth form, its just a masculinity thing i think
Indus1986
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
First of all, you are both in school, the words "immature" come to mind. Obvious you two can't have a relationship.

Give him space, don't expect to be treated like a princess 24/7. Guys are not girls incase you haven't noticed, we don't think like you or want to act like you.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
Thanks for your advice guys. I guess if it's a guy thing there's nothing to be worried about. I have spoken to him about it and he denied it and said sorry at the same time. So hmm.
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just give him space while at school, some guys tend to be embarrassed about having a girlfriend in fear of being teased
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
Just give him space while at school, some guys tend to be embarrassed about having a girlfriend in fear of being teased
I know yeh, but isn't it a normal thing to have a girlfriend?! :confused:
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This guy sounds like an idiot...

Do you honestly think he's good enough for you? It sounds like you have your head screwed on the right way and are capable of logical thought, but he sounds like he's still in primary school.
gemgems89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)

Do you honestly think he's good enough for you? It sounds like you have your head screwed on the right way and are capable of logical thought, but he sounds like he's still in primary school.
Yeah. Well I've spoken to him now, and if he's like that again he's going in the bin.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)

Yeah, well I've spoken to him now. If he's like that again, he's going in the bin.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah, well I've spoken to him now. If he's like that again, he's going in the bin.
Good idea!
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its a real school thing... I'm glad I didnt have to put up with any of that stuff when I was young. Aaah 19 years of the single life.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Indu.Mitra)
Most guys when they are young are like that.. its completely normal. If I was you I'd just be distant to him at school.. it would make him think.. why isnt she talking to me? and He'll come running for you. I would defo speak to him about it.. but be tactfull we all know how overily sesnsitive boys are! Just say something like...'Listen.. when you're with your mates.. I often feel like you're not as nice to me as you are when we're alone.. you might not be aware of it.. but thats how I feel.. please try and be nicer when we are around your friends.'
just say sumthing like that.. dnt tell him he pisses u off. cos that'll piss him off even more... watch give it time.. he'll grow out of it..
Yeah, I said something similar. I said I was ****** off though. Gotta make some impact, somehow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
28.88%
No - I got the required grades (110)
58.82%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise