The Student Room Group

Psychology at City University London - ask us a question!

If you have any questions about taking a BSc in Psychology at City University London, this is the place to do it!

Your questions may include:

What do you do on a Psychology degree?

I don't want to be a psychologist, so why should I do a Psychology BSc?

What gives me the best chance of being accepted?

We have a team of academic staff and admissions officers on hand, and we'll get back to you with the best answer we can to your question.
Can questions also include:

How can a department so low on the league tables justify charging its students £9000 a year?

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for the question. The answer is obviously complex, but here are a few basic points:

league tables can be read in many different ways - City's in the top 10 for graduate employability and starting salaries, for example

hypothetically, if a low-ranking university was charging the lowest possible fee, and consequently had less income to invest in improving facilities/student experience/academic staff, is it destined to always be low-ranking?

City is committed to strengthening its position as a leading global University, and is currently appointing 25 new academics as part of this transformation

there are other important indicators of a university's quality and value as well as league tables (for example professional accreditation and industry 'esteem')

I hope this is helpful. If you'd like to continue the conversation, I hope you don't mind if we do so on the main City discussion forum.
Regards.

Quick Reply

Latest