?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
drhdhdfhergebabd
emeleh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't personally wear them but I don't see how they're any sluttier than any other patterned tights... its obvious they aren't actually suspenders?
penguin-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't see the pictures?
But I quite like them, especially with the right kinda outfit. I don't see how wearing tights can be "sluttier" than not wearing any! Anyway, imo, they're not ''slutty'', and if you like them, wear them .
Carrby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not slutty at all, I'm sure they look great on you

EDIT: The pictures weren't loading originally so I just guessed they'd look good. I see them now, and my guess has been confirmed, the second picture is really really lovely, and they go wonderfully with your blouse
vicky_1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I personally don't like them, I don't think they're slutty I just don't like them, personal preference
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As I said in another thread, I used to work for a mail order hoisery company - I'm not a leg fetishist or anything. There have been manufacturing problems with the PP Suspender Tights. Basically, they're not coloured - but literally a higher denier "stockings" bit stitched onto a very sheer "pants" bit with a band at the top and some fake straps. The problem is - where the two bits meet, a lot of people were tearing the tights when they put them on.

The PPs are noticeably more "basic" than the HoH model too - and aren't decorative at all.

There are Italian ones made by a company called Gipsy, or British ones by Aristoc - both are vastly superior quality to the PPs. They do cost a bit more, but like I said, you run the risk of tearing the PPs when you put them on.

Note: Also, in the trade, what we're talking about are strictly speaking called "mock suspenders". "Suspender tights" are a one-piece all-in-one pair of stockings with straps and a belt - basically a pair of tights with bits missing, that resemble a pair of stockings with a suspender belt.

Sorry if boring and technical.

Finally, one of the main reasons that people give for changing from tights to stockings or holdups is nothing to do with sex appeal - but is to prevent thrush.
member398873
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by penguin-)
Can't see the pictures?
But I quite like them, especially with the right kinda outfit. I don't see how wearing tights can be "sluttier" than not wearing any! Anyway, imo, they're not ''slutty'', and if you like them, wear them .
You can't? Gah. I logged out and I could still see them
DeadGirlsDance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i love them! ive been buying loads of types similar to these, they are so gorge
Asos Heart Suspender Tights - they are so cute! they look even better on, ive also got my fave pair with little bows going up the back of the leg
they really add to any outfit and make them way more stylish =D
penguin-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lechaton-x)
You can't? Gah. I logged out and I could still see them
Ah man, it's probably just me.
Anyway I like them, people are just saying they're slutty 'cause suspenders are stereotypically slutty
Chayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wear them!!
I personally love that kind of thing.. kind of a sexy lingerie thing that only I know about - since most of the time I wear them under trousers/jeans. When I wear them with a skirt, they don't look slutty either - but like someone else said, it depends on the rest of the outfit.
miumiu_
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I prefer the real thing Tights annoy my like crazy! So stockings, not tights that look like stockings :P
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't really like em, it looks a bit weird and fake I do like real suspenders though.
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Id rather just wear actual suspenders tbh
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had some for a while, I like them but would only wear on a night out - bit too much for daytime. Also when teamed with a tight/low cut/short dress they can look slutty, otherwise they look cute.
member398873
Rep:
?
I am not wearing real suspenders clubbing guise.
member398873
Rep:
?
(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
I don't really like em, it looks a bit weird and fake I do like real suspenders though.
big up pokemon avatars
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Pics don't work.

I have a couple of friends who sometimes wear them (female, not male...that'd just be a tad weird) and I think they can look quite nice. Not particularly slutty in my opinion.
JKGB
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't mind them, but they can look horrible if they are worn with the wrong outfit.

I like how the model is wearing them in this picture, just peeking through.
member398873
Rep:
?
Pictures fixeeeeeeeeeeeeed
Sophie_girl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think they look horrible. Cheap and tacky :/

And not slutty in the cheeky sort of way, slutty in the cringe sort of way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (121)
14.4%
I'm not sure (36)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (255)
30.36%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.5%
I'm not a current university student (407)
48.45%

Watched Threads