This discussion is closed.
Jess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I cannot get the german spellcheck on Word 2000 to work - i get the following message:
"word cannot find the grammar file msgr2GE.dll" and a similar one for "mssp3GE.dll"

Can anyone either help with this or tell me if there is any software that one can buy that will spellcheck in German? The french spellcheck on my computer works really well but i need it for german too.
Thanks - jess
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Jess)
I cannot get the german spellcheck on Word 2000 to work - i get the following message:
"word cannot find the grammar file msgr2GE.dll" and a similar one for "mssp3GE.dll"

Can anyone either help with this or tell me if there is any software that one can by that will spellcheck in German? The french spellcheck on my computer works really well but i need it for german too.
Thanks - jess
Hmmm, you can set the language on Word to all sorts of things but I think only English, French and (I think) Spanish actually have dictionaries.

I don't know... I could imagine Microsoft trying to sell CDs with dictionaries for just about every language on.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Jess)

Can anyone either help with this or tell me if there is any software that one can buy that will spellcheck in German? The french spellcheck on my computer works really well but i need it for german too.
Thanks - jess
Looks like you are missing a library file. Do a search on google and hopefully you'll find places to download them. Once you have them, put them in C:\Windows\system32 folder. (assuming WinXp). And that should work.
Jess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
thanks for that but i don't have xp, i have office 2000 and i'm not sure whether windows 98 or 2000 (or is that the same as xp) can anyone help on where to put them?
TK0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
jess u need to uninstall office and reinstall and make sure u choose all foreign language options.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads