Turn on thread page Beta

Formula Sheet? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I might find a formula sheet for the A-level modules, or does anyone have any they could share with me ^_^ ?

Thanks,

~~Simba

ReputationRep:
    Its on the edexcel website.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks a lot ...

ReputationRep:
    Or the corrosponding exam board

//btw is that qoute in your sig from Simba in the Lion King, or are you just qouting yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik)
    Or the corrosponding exam board

//btw is that qoute in your sig from Simba in the Lion King, or are you just qouting yourself?
    Quoting myself ... it's quite inspiring I believe; I wanted to share it ...

Wow, there are a LOT of formulae here... it seems like you don't really need to know many formulae! It even tells you what things like tan x is equal to when integrated with respect to 'x'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba)

Wow, there are a LOT of formulae here... it seems like you don't really need to know many formulae! It even tells you what things like tan x is equal to when integrated with respect to 'x'...
    but its still good to try and learn them if you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba)
    LOL you joker you belong in a movie that lines so cliche. what other qoutes do you have? If any one ever said that to me I would think they were high!

Most people dont really use the formulae book for the maths alevel after much revision you will find you know all the ones you need of by heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba)

There's a lot given for Pure/core, and the list was expanded with the advent of C1-4 in place of P1-3, to make things easier...

You are given a lot less for Stats and Mechanics, though, and nothing for Decision Maths!

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)
    There's a lot given for Pure/core, and the list was expanded with the advent of C1-4 in place of P1-3, to make things easier...

You are given a lot less for Stats and Mechanics, though, and nothing for Decision Maths!

Aitch
    but decision is so much nicer than C1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    but its still good to try and learn them if you can
    Well, obviously hehe, I wouldn't exactly be a good mathematician if I relied on the formula book all the time!

(Original post by Malik)
    LOL you joker you belong in a movie that lines so cliche. what other qoutes do you have? If any one ever said that to me I would think they were high!

Most people dont really use the formulae book for the maths alevel after much revision you will find you know all the ones you need of by heart.
    Lol, it's still a nice thought though ^_^ ...

Hmm... other quotes...

"Life's a bi*ch, and then you marry one." (Works for me except I'm gay lol...)

How's that :p: ?

Yeah, I suppose I'll end up knowing most of them anyway ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik)
    This is true, but there were a few S1 formulae that I was glad not to have to learn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik)

If you offer

"If you believe in yourself there's nothing you can't do"

to the Google search engine, you find that a lot of other people said it too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)
    If you offer

"If you believe in yourself there's nothing you can't do"

to the Google search engine, you find that a lot of other people said it too!
    That doesn't really surprise me hehe; it doesn't sound all that original... at least to know I'm not alone in my wishful optimism though !

ReputationRep:
    In "The Simpsons" Lisa makes a doll to try and rival Malibu Stacy called Lisa Lionheart and when you pull the string it says "Believe in yourself and you can acheive anything".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNumeric)
    In "The Simpsons" Lisa makes a doll to try and rival Malibu Stacy called Lisa Lionheart and when you pull the string it says "Believe in yourself and you can acheive anything".
    More on this from Wikipedia:

I can't believe I'm researching this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_vs...rt.27s_phrases

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)
    More on this from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_vs...rt.27s_phrases

Aitch
    "If I choose to get married, I'm keeping my own name!
    Trust in yourself and you can achieve anything! "

lol Lisa Lionhearts lines are so lame. Do these lines even work on anyone? If I said that to my 7year old brother hed probably laugh at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)
    I can't believe how many Family Guy and Simpsons episodes I can practically quote from start to finish and how I've the far too regular to be healthy habit of actually quoting them in day to day life. Just ask Cexy, if I say something even vaguely witty or clever he'll ask "Family Guy?" *short pause in which I look shameful* "Yes".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNumeric)
    I can't believe how many Family Guy and Simpsons episodes I can practically quote from start to finish and how I've the far too regular to be healthy habit of actually quoting them in day to day life. Just ask Cexy, if I say something even vaguely witty or clever he'll ask "Family Guy?" *short pause in which I look shameful* "Yes".
    Hehe, better than what I am relatively obsessed with I guess :p: ! For me, it's Pokémon... I can remember when I was younger and going on holiday to different resorts, doing karaoke in the resorts and singing the Pokémon songs *Shame* :p: ...

ReputationRep:
    You win. Even I think that's bad, and I like Dragonball Z! Karaoke of it?! Dear god, what were you high on?!

We should probably stop posting. Not only is this way off topic, it's far too embarassing for both of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba)
    "If you believe in yourself, there's nothing you can't do." -- Simba
    I disagree. I once believed I could fly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 16, 2005

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.