The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
Great result, Badly missed Cabaye and Tiote though. Gave the ball away far to cheaply.

Absolutely outstanding performance by Coloccini once again though.

Hopefully 3 points on sunday against Villa followed by a real hard game down at WHL.
I was just thinking that, if we were to do our "player of the season" today, it's so hard to narrow it down to just one. Ba, Cabaye, Colocinni, Krul - all class players. I'd probably give the edge to Ba based on the goals, but I feel that without Colo we'd be really struggling too.
Reply 2702
Original post by Stu Laverty
I was just thinking that, if we were to do our "player of the season" today, it's so hard to narrow it down to just one. Ba, Cabaye, Colocinni, Krul - all class players. I'd probably give the edge to Ba based on the goals, but I feel that without Colo we'd be really struggling too.
Definitely Ba. Cabaye shouldn't be near competing with the other three if I'm honest.
I'd give it to Coloccini.

Just.
It would have to go to Colo for me too. World class defender and boy do we notice it when he's missing.
Dembai back this weekend. Then, Tiote and Cabaye in two weeks. If we can win this weekend, it's all looking promising for even a cheeky shot at the top 4.
Reply 2706
Still very early to brag but eh hehe :teehee:

Jose Enrique - "The club is allowing major players to go and will never again fight to be among top 6 with this policy."
Reply 2707
Great result last night but Best has to go! Lovenkrands much better and deserves a start!
Reply 2708
Last nights result has to be the start of a new run after losing some bad games v fulham & brighton
Reply 2709
Original post by Keelo
Great result last night but Best has to go! Lovenkrands much better and deserves a start!

Lovenkrands shouldn't be anywhere near the team never mind starting.
Colo or Krul for player of the season for me.
Reply 2711
Original post by KingGoonIan
Colo or Krul for player of the season for me.

I'd go for

Colo

Krul
Ba
Cabaye
R.Taylor
Simpson
Tiote

In that order. But in 15 games anything can change. Williamson could be up there come end of season. So could Santon.
Got my tickets for Spurs away today but look at the difference between the blocks! I bought them at the same time but me and my brother will be sitting in separate blocks wtf!

Obertan or HBA to start on the right for you guys? For me I would give Obertan a shot - tell him to work his socks off for 60 mins and then bring HBA on. The goal should do wonders for his confidence. Fans need to get behind him too.
Reply 2714
Original post by Vintage
I'd go for

Colo

Krul
Ba
Cabaye
R.Taylor
Simpson
Tiote

In that order. But in 15 games anything can change. Williamson could be up there come end of season. So could Santon.
Ryan Taylor has made the occasional great contributiom, but he's still a Championship player. Simpson has made some great blocks, but he's also pretty terrible. Tiote hasn't been great apart from against Man Utd, where he was sensational.

Think Steven Taylor should be on that list also, but we really have been relying on Ba/Colo/Krul an awful lot.
Perch for me
What complete and utter *******s is Paul Merson sprouting? Apparently Demba Ba will never score a goal again and he hasn't said that we could win a match since the season begun. What a **** no wonder he's a ****e manager.
Woah.

Do Newcastle wear black and white? I have confused you for QPR for 10 years.
Reply 2718
Original post by TCD23
What complete and utter *******s is Paul Merson sprouting? Apparently Demba Ba will never score a goal again and he hasn't said that we could win a match since the season begun. What a **** no wonder he's a ****e manager.

Merson is such an idiot.

Original post by mau5
Merson is such an idiot.

One league title, one European Cup, and two League cups (with no league title or European cup since the early 80s). Hardly an huge amount of honours post-1960s.

How many seasons of Champions League football have Villa played? How many seasons of European football compared to Newcastle over these last 20 years? Who reached a cup final most recently?

Still, these whole "my club is bigger than yours" arguments bore me. It's pointless when no one can reach a consensus on what a "big club" even is.

Latest