The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woop, we have Man City at home the day before my birthday. Major pissup scheduled :cool:
Original post by Karma Charger
Apparently West Ham activated his release clause :lolwut: Is he mad, going to West Ham?!

Who? Ba?
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Who? Ba?

Yeah. Are his agents (he has loads apparently) really that desperate to make money that they'd convince Ba to move to a worse team?
Ba wouldn't leave Europa League football easily, plus Pards really wants him to stay. We may have gotten spoiled because of Cissé's heroics in the second part of the season, but I'll never forget Ba's contribution. He was the catalyst for the whole thing. Without Ba, Cissé never comes in the first place.
Original post by Karma Charger
Yeah. Are his agents (he has loads apparently) really that desperate to make money that they'd convince Ba to move to a worse team?

Money I'm guessing. If you guys are smart (Pardew is probably 1 step ahead of me already), just let West Ham buy him off you for about £8 million, let them get relegated and just take him of them again for free. That's an easy £8 million for free.

But in all seriousness, I doubt he'd go back. I see him maybe playing for CL team? :dontknow:

If not, he should just stay with you guys as you have Europa league secured anyway.
Could we not afford to keep Ba and have De Jong then?
Original post by scriggy
Depends who we draw really. You can get really good deals on flights from Newcastle to some places.

If we get someone decent I'd be canny tempted like. Dinamo Bucharest are in our pot, which would be... :sogood: As are PSV and AZ Alkmaar. Cheeky dirt cheap ferry from Shields to Amsterdam which would be amazing.

Sounds good like. PSV would be great so would a trip to a German team perhaps, who are AZ Alkmaar?
Original post by KingGoonIan
Sounds good like. PSV would be great so would a trip to a German team perhaps, who are AZ Alkmaar?

The last team to knock us out of Europe.
Reply 4968
Debuchy and de Jong?

Original post by Darth Vader 7
Money I'm guessing. If you guys are smart (Pardew is probably 1 step ahead of me already), just let West Ham buy him off you for about £8 million, let them get relegated and just take him of them again for free. That's an easy £8 million for free.

But in all seriousness, I doubt he'd go back. I see him maybe playing for CL team? :dontknow:

If not, he should just stay with you guys as you have Europa league secured anyway.

Hasn't he got in a clause in his contract which will give him up to 50% of the transfer fee, so it will only be about £3 to 5 million?
Reply 4970
Nice one, am just conscious I'll be starting Uni in Sept and it will probs cost loads to gan to Europa matches.

Student Loan :wink:
Original post by Vintage
Student Loan :wink:

My fees are already paid for me by the NHS so I only get £2K a year like.
You guys are making some good moves in the transfer window. I can see you getting European qualification next season too.
Reply 4973
My fees are already paid for me by the NHS so I only get £2K a year like.

Oh right. Good thing your fee's are paid. Would hate to be paying the stupid fee's nowadays. I'm 18k in debt from uni. People now will come out with double that debt or more. :facepalm2:

De Jong. :coma: Please get him. Hopefully we KEEP Demba Ba too. them 3 strikers as our main 3. Then Shola for the mackem games.
Reply 4974
Original post by Isometrix
You guys are making some good moves in the transfer window. I can see you getting European qualification next season too.

Need a good few squad players to cope with the extra fixtures we have in Europe.

We already got rid of most our bench. We have a good 15 i'd say. Past that its youngsters and Dan Gosling....
Reply 4975
Newcastle only bid £4m for Debuchy. Lille want nearer £5.5m. :facepalm2: We better stump up the extra £1.5m.
Reply 4976
:beard:

Luuk De Jong eh? Interesting, unfortunately I see that as in Ba is definitely on his way out :colonhash: Would be a real statement of intent if we kept them both :sogood:

I will be really ****ing pissed off if Ba goes to West Ham for crying out loud, absolute joke but I'm confident that's just paper talk...

We're taking the piss with the Debuchy bid like :rofl2: £4 million jheeez.

Playing hard ball in negotiations :sexface:

Laughing at the rumour Ben Arfa will sign for Arsenal for £21 million.

We may as well not put in a team next season though I mean...

Krul is going to Tottenham or Chelsea
Simpson to Fulham/QPR/Villa
Coloccini to Citeh
Santon to Roma
Ben Arfa to Arsenal/Chelsea
Tiote to Man U
Cabaye to Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea
Cisse to Citeh
Ba to everyone

:frown:

:dunce:
Original post by TM94
:beard:

Luuk De Jong eh? Interesting, unfortunately I see that as in Ba is definitely on his way out :colonhash: Would be a real statement of intent if we kept them both :sogood:

I will be really ****ing pissed off if Ba goes to West Ham for crying out loud, absolute joke but I'm confident that's just paper talk...

We're taking the piss with the Debuchy bid like :rofl2: £4 million jheeez.

Playing hard ball in negotiations :sexface:

Laughing at the rumour Ben Arfa will sign for Arsenal for £21 million.

We may as well not put in a team next season though I mean...

Krul is going to Tottenham or Chelsea
Simpson to Fulham/QPR/Villa
Coloccini to Citeh
Santon to Roma
Ben Arfa to Arsenal/Chelsea
Tiote to Man U
Cabaye to Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea
Cisse to Citeh
Ba to everyone

:frown:

:dunce:

That just made me crack up!
Reply 4978
Word is we've put in a new £10m offer for De Jong but its been rejected, Twente being greedy :beard:
Doubt that HBA will be in the french squad now after his bust up :rolleyes: Shame really, was hoping he would grab a goal or at least be used more in the french squad (aside from being a benchwarmer)

Good to see cabaye get a goal though, hopefully he can bag one and topple spain!

Latest