Turn on thread page Beta

Booking / learning for driving tests watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Below are a set of links and some advice on how to book and pass driving tests.
    Please PM any other good links so as I can add them to the list. Thankyou, Daibhidh.

DVLA Website for information on how to get your provisional plus legal matters

DSA Website for booking all driving tests and information.

2Pass is a great website with comprehensive advice on how to learn for your tests and how to cope throughout every stage of the cycle.

ReputationRep:
    2pass was amazing helping with my theory, i only took it a couple of weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh 2pass is good, especially the forum where there is an "ask the instructor" section and lots of other bits.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    i really wnna start on preparin 4 my theory test but i dont no wer 2 start i brought the highway code & the dvla theory test book. How do u "revise" 4 it ? Ne tips on wer 2 start n hw 2 gt prepared plz
    x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poonie)
    Hi
    i really wnna start on preparin 4 my theory test but i dont no wer 2 start i brought the highway code & the dvla theory test book. How do u "revise" 4 it ? Ne tips on wer 2 start n hw 2 gt prepared plz
    x-x-x
    Try searching and looking at the other posts for a start, there are plenty with advice on the theory test. Then if you need still need help ask again.

Also, try writing in English please??? It makes it so much easier to understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    Below are a set of links and some advice on how to book and pass driving tests.
    Please PM any other good links so as I can add them to the list. Thankyou, Daibhidh.
    Hey good post - i used the DSA mock theory questions - very useful!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil em sweetie)
    Hey good post - i used the DSA mock theory questions - very useful!
    Thanks!

awww sucks
    Mind you, I have alot of experience having failed my practical 3 times!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am margo and a new member, so hi. Just wanted to say that as well as studying for exams right now, I have just started driving lessons...i must be mad!! I have already failed twice, mainly because of bossy instrucotrs but found a really nice one on a site called www.tradestamp.com.

Anyway, anyone got any hints on calming my nerves. I always vom vefore exams and its double bad now that I have been let loose on the roads! Speak again later

ReputationRep:
    I am a part time mature student and i am also a driving instructor, try this site for free information re learning www.thelearner.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new here. I came across this site when searching for driving tips. To be honest, i've never heard so many horror stories about misfortune and bad luck in driving tests, and im now getting a bit scared. Ive done 20 hours with my instructor, but he suggested doing 25 more! and im not even that bad! I can drive competently now and have gone from southampton to bristol alright. Most people who have driven with me think i can probably book a test soon, but I was wondering if it would be feasible to take a test in my dads peugeot 406 ESTATE! as ive quit with my instructor? Any ideas people as to where i should go from here?

ReputationRep:
    I seriously suggest doing a test in an instructors car as the exam car need dual control, an added mirror and can be a pain to get to the standard required. Get a driving instructor and do 5 or so more lessons at least and use THEIR car.

ReputationRep:
    I think its important that you are comfortable with the car you are using for the test. You can get a mirror for the examiner quite cheaply i think from somewhere like Halfords. You don't need dual controls.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid people at test centre. They knew a examiner went home in the morning, and my practical test wasn't until the afternoon, they told me at 1:40 (my test time) that it was cancelled. Now the earliest I can get is 14st September.

ReputationRep:
    I've just failed my practical test how long do I need to wait to take the next one? (two days?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess aurora)
    I've just failed my practical test how long do I need to wait to take the next one? (two days?)
    You need to wait "10 working days". I think this includes Saturdays, but I'm not sure.

And yeah I'm in the same boat. I want to get it over with before I'm off to uni (30th September) but the damn booking system has the earliest in October! Bugger.

ReputationRep:
    how much is it aprox for test?

ReputationRep:
    £48.50 for a week day test, if you use an ADI's car they charge roughly £60 on top for use during the test too (normally includes an hours lesson plus being picked up and dropped).

ReputationRep:
    The videos on 2pass are excellent, and they're all set in Chelmsford where my instructor says I'm driving in my next lesson!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my driving instructor said today that i was ready to book my test (yay!) for around the end of may. However, he said it was best to call the office (I'm with BSM) to make sure that it doesn't clash with any other tests. Does he mean call BSM's office or the DSA one, as I didn't know you could book tests through BSM :confused: and if so, does anyone have any idea how to book it this way? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRose)
    Hi, my driving instructor said today that i was ready to book my test (yay!) for around the end of may. However, he said it was best to call the office (I'm with BSM) to make sure that it doesn't clash with any other tests. Does he mean call BSM's office or the DSA one, as I didn't know you could book tests through BSM :confused: and if so, does anyone have any idea how to book it this way? Thank you!
    I *think* I have heard that people can book tests through BSM, but tbh, its easy to book it yourself over the internet on the DSA website. It means you can see easily when the next tests are available and pick what suits you. If you ask your driving instructor for their ADI number (which they should be happy to give you) then you get the option of putting that in when you book your test. It means that it can check on the DSA system that no one else with that ADI has booked that time. I would have thought that if you end up ringing BSM and try to sort it over the phone it wouldn't be as easy to see what dates/times are free that you want to do.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.