The Student Room Group

Help with UCAS Reference

Hello!

I'm a Portuguese girl already in my 3rd year (out of 4) of University, but trying to finish my studies in UK.
The only thing I need to finish my application is the Reference, which I already asked from a teacher.
My problem is, once I fill her details and click Save, the fields go blank and I get a message saying the information is invalid, plus I don't have anything to click 'Ask referee to write reference', as UCAS says.

What should I do?

*A little off topic, is the deadline to send the applications at the end of May or June? I've seen the two dates in different places and I'm a little confused.

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Sompy
Hello!

I'm a Portuguese girl already in my 3rd year (out of 4) of University, but trying to finish my studies in UK.
The only thing I need to finish my application is the Reference, which I already asked from a teacher.
My problem is, once I fill her details and click Save, the fields go blank and I get a message saying the information is invalid, plus I don't have anything to click 'Ask referee to write reference', as UCAS says.

What should I do?
Sounds like it might be a browser problem. If it persists you'd best contact the UCAS helpdesk for advice.

*A little off topic, is the deadline to send the applications at the end of May or June? I've seen the two dates in different places and I'm a little confused.

Thank you in advance.
It's the end of June, but you should check with the unis concerned that they are still accepting applications because not all of them are. See Late applications.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply.
I already contacted UCAS but I was worried that they might not answer me in time, as I didn't know if the deadline for applications was 31st May.
I contacted all of my choices and they were still accepting applications. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sompy
Thank you so much for your reply.
I already contacted UCAS but I was worried that they might not answer me in time, as I didn't know if the deadline for applications was 31st May.
I contacted all of my choices and they were still accepting applications. :smile:

UCAS - Important dates
is what you needed :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you!

24 March 2011 - Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications for art and design courses except those listed with a 15 January deadline. Go to Course Search to check application deadlines for courses.

I'm applying to Fine Arts, does that mean I'm too late? :frown:

I'm so stressed out about this that I'm considering applying to part-time directly to the Universities because I don't know when UCAS will fix my problem and I don't want to miss my chance to go this year... :frown:
Original post by Sompy
Thank you!

24 March 2011 - Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications for art and design courses except those listed with a 15 January deadline. Go to Course Search to check application deadlines for courses.

I'm applying to Fine Arts, does that mean I'm too late? :frown:

I'm so stressed out about this that I'm considering applying to part-time directly to the Universities because I don't know when UCAS will fix my problem and I don't want to miss my chance to go this year... :frown:

If you ring UCAS, you can often get them to rectify the problem immediately. If the uni has told you that they are accepting applications for your course, then no, you are not too late.

Quick Reply

Latest