?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
rr
JoMo1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most drama in Oxford is centrally organised by OUDS. College will have very little effect. Some colleges have drama societies which run specific shows (e/g/ the Magdalen Garden Show) but you can get into those from outside as well. The only college with a good theatre in grounds is Keble, but that theatre is used by everyone, not just Keble, so going there would just mean saving 5 minutes going to rehearsals if you're doing a show there.

Basically, collegewise, don't worry about it.
dodgycupcake
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Hello! I agree - don't worry about which college for drama. Keble has the most major venue, but other colleges have theatres as well (such as Wadham). Most colleges have some sort of drama society or at least participate in some sort of arts festival, and many put on their own productions each year (such as the Pembroke musical). All colleges have the opportunity to participate in Cuppers at the beginning of the year, and most student productions (and they are many) open auditions to anyone in the university. Please message me if you have more questions good luck ~
therivkadiaries
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heyy I want to be involved in theatre at Oxford this coming fall but I'm Canadian so I was wondering if my North American accent would rule me out for roles. I don't want to do a fake British accent for auditions...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads