Imperial typical timetable? Watch

Dynamic_1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by HTale)
I dont take The Times Computer Science league tables as the gospel for how good a department is. Having said that, they are probably correct in not putting them in the Top 20. I only speak out of experience, and I think anyone who enjoys being pushed academically (rather than socially ) should apply to IC (for sciences) or UCL (for arts, and some sciences). KCL are very selective in what they do best; the English, Law, Philosophy, War Studies and Classics departments are the only brilliant departments KCL has on offer. All of those subjects happen to be arts based.
Imperial is 1st in Europe and 5th in World for Engineering, so clearly it is excellent for Computer Science, probably as good as or better than either Cambridge or Oxford. UCL has a rigourous academic programme of study for Computer Science, maybe slightly less intensive as Imperial or Cambridge. KCL Computer Science, looks like a good course, comparable to other places like Warwick, Bath, York, Bristol, Edinburgh etc. Imperial and UCL are very good, after that Warwick seems quite a good choice. :confused:
Why is KCL Computer Science viewed as very bad? :confused:
Monoxide
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The least demanding in terms of hours of lectures would have to be biology. We have 2 hours a day in the morning, practical once or twice a week (2 hours), and once a fortnight a tutorial (50 mins). Friends who do EEE or computer science spend MUCH more time in uni. Altho like someone pointed out, what matters is the time spent understanding the stuff.. and this is the first could. Could be different later on.
schmetterling
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm. I applied for biology. Hrrmm.
asdfqwerty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, what's the biology timetable like?
rock_eleven
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mehh)
Note to self. Laugh in face of Biochem Freshers when they get bak to halls next year.
why?? Are you implying that our timetable is hardcore and gay?

Regarding the timetable that ally posted - prospective biochemists looking at that need to remember that you dont need to go to any lectures, nor many of the afternoon sessions. Basically its only practicals you need to go to.

--Joe
ally22
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rock_eleven)
why?? Are you implying that our timetable is hardcore and gay?

Regarding the timetable that ally posted - prospective biochemists looking at that need to remember that you dont need to go to any lectures, nor many of the afternoon sessions. Basically its only practicals you need to go to.

--Joe
Haha, so true.
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dynamic_1)
How demanding is a Imperial College degree?

I am aware it is quite hectic with a 9am to 6pm day, compared to most other univeristies this is much more. At most other univerisites you could have quite abit of free time, where you could do loads of extracurricular or other work in term time and pursue hobbies further too.

Is it really that demanding at Imperial College?
I have 10-12 then 2-6 on a monday
9-12 and 2-5 on a tuesday
9 - 11 and wednesday afternoons off
then 9-10, 11-12 and 2 til 5 or 6 (can't remember) on a tursday
friday i have 9-12
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No (15)
62.5%

Watched Threads