D1?? Watch

Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rpotter)
how can ppl possibly enjoy d1!! its just boring algorithms repeated again and again and again,..
In an ideal system the candidate would go on to convert the algorithms into programs and run them. In a sense the D1 and D2 content is but a preparation for programming. I think I found it enjoyable because I was able to accept this.

What I found annoying was when the text didn't explain the algorithm fully or correctly, and I found myself consequently lost.

This irked me so much that I wrote an article (now ages old) on the problem.

It's still here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/article.php?a=45

Aitch
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pratikv)
back in the day when i had to do s1, i thought it was the most boring thing in the world - why the hell do i need to know how to draw a box and whisker diagram, or a histogram!? you say that d1 is boring, because it's the same thing, but with different numbers, which to some extent is true, but it's the same thing for p1, m1, s1, m2, s2, and a few others - there are only about 7 or 8 question types that will come up for any given exam, which will be similar to previous years but with different numbers. plus, they can't exactly put ridiculously obscure and complex stuff in d1, because '1' modules are supposed to be simple.
What about the generalisation that maths is boring? Is this inductive proof inherently problematic and flawed?

lol what about FP1? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Angel Interceptor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darkenergy)
What about the generalisation that maths is boring? Is this inductive proof inherently problematic and flawed?

lol what about FP1? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What about it? Maths is a wonderful thing! FP1 is fine - Argand diagrams are so much fun it makes me want to dance (or puke)! :puke:
Robob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pratikv)
What about it? Maths is a wonderful thing! FP1 is fine - Argand diagrams are so much fun it makes me want to dance (or puke)! :puke:
fp1 is alrite, for ocr it is easier than c3 or c4!!! although i now loathe 3 by 3 matrices (and more importantly their inverses!) with a passion!
yusufu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
FP1 is an AS module with OCR.
i think ill join you against 3x3 matrices.
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll tell you exactly how I feel about D1 when I get the results in March.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?