is any1 takin a gap year this year and applying to uni in 2005

Watch
This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
just wonderin coz im only takin a year out coz im not sure wot grades im gonna get. however i wont be at college when applying therefore will get no help wiv the application and wont know wot to do wiv it r anythin
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
just wonderin coz im only takin a year out coz im not sure wot grades im gonna get. however i wont be at college when applying therefore will get no help wiv the application and wont know wot to do wiv it r anythin
I've taken a gap year this year. Watched the world cup downunder and now doing work experience.

I got a deffered entry to my uni but doing what you are doing does make a lot of sense. You will find that uni's will except you straight away as long as you have got decent grades. Just make sure you do something useful with your gap year because the uni's dont like to see bums!!!

I'm sure your old teachers would help you if you went into college.
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I've taken a gap year this year. Watched the world cup downunder and now doing work experience.

I got a deffered entry to my uni but doing what you are doing does make a lot of sense. You will find that uni's will except you straight away as long as you have got decent grades. Just make sure you do something useful with your gap year because the uni's dont like to see bums!!!

I'm sure your old teachers would help you if you went into college.
thanx i agree but im worried coz theres gonna be more competition in 2005 i think coz of the 2006 fees. im not exactly an A grade student lol.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
thanx i agree but im worried coz theres gonna be more competition in 2005 i think coz of the 2006 fees. im not exactly an A grade student lol.
I can see your point. Have you thought about going through clearing if you dont want to risk it? If you rang round some universities now they could guarentee you a place providing you get the grades even if you havent applied to UCAS.
emmz
Rep:
?
I can see your point. Have you thought about going through clearing if you dont want to risk it? If you rang round some universities now they could guarentee you a place providing you get the grades even if you havent applied to UCAS.
ive thought about doing that yeah. im not familiar wiv clearing so wud i have to still do an application form
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
ive thought about doing that yeah. im not familiar wiv clearing so wud i have to still do an application form
I think so but serious, Uni's dont give a sod about your personal statement. If like you say you wont be getting top grades, you wont be looking at competitive places and therefore the uni's will accept you just by filling out your details.
emmz
Rep:
?
I think so but serious, Uni's dont give a sod about your personal statement. If like you say you wont be getting top grades, you wont be looking at competitive places and therefore the uni's will accept you just by filling out your details.
thanx for that. the clearing process seems a lot easier is it not too early to enquire about clearing i mean shud i wait till the next few months
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (56)
4.82%
Uncertainty around my education (176)
15.13%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (128)
11.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (165)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (51)
4.39%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.85%
Loneliness (101)
8.68%
Financial worries (39)
3.35%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (56)
4.82%
Exposure to negative news/social media (55)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (62)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (104)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (102)
8.77%

Watched Threads