If one was to inhale cannabis spliff smoke passively would that affect one's brain?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I ask this because i hear that the number of people smoking cannabis at uni is going up thanks to the relaxing of the laws to which downgraded it from a class-B drug to a class-C. What do you reckon?
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
I ask this because i hear that the number of people smoking cannabis at uni is going up thanks to the relaxing of the laws to which downgraded it from a class-B drug to a class-C. What do you reckon?
I guess it would, but surely more research needs to be done on affects to the brain of actual smokers.

There is one bloke in my flat who likes a 'funny fag', but thats it. At my brothers Uni he said that you can barely see people in the Union bar because of smoke.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeah apparently a good christian boy from my school got high just through smoking passively - he was in a small clustrophobic hut where lots of people were smoking from a bong.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yes, definitly (people do that on purpose and fills room with smoke - its called a hotbox where i come from, i think)
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
yes, definitly (people do that on purpose and fills room with smoke - its called a hotbox where i come from, i think)
hotboxing is the fashionable way of inhaling cannabis fumes round my area. its funny- a group of intellectual, articulate young men go in, and a gaggle of giggling goons stumble out. alliteration there.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
alliteration there.
never! really?! However even though ur stating of the obvious is bad taste i do applaud ur alliteration because it sounds so very hmm... condescending and pompous shall we say
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
never! really?! However even though ur stating of the obvious is bad taste i do applaud ur alliteration because it sounds so very hmm... condescending and pompous shall we say
lol, i wish. i had to look condescending up! :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads