The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Just finished book one of Hunger Games (really excited- waiting to get my hands on the second) and am reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.
On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

Losing my self in it at the moment

apparently a film of it is coming out soon as well!
Having ploughed through as many free classics as I can possibly bear on my Kindle, I've now resorted to paying for relatively easy-read James Bond books...

Must say though, it's costing me a fortune, considering how short they are :frown: I thought Kindle books were supposed to be cheap!

Anyway, currently about to start Thunderball. The film's pretty good, so the book better match up :smile:
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
I read Catch 22 reccently, and it does take a while to get into it, but I'm not too sure that it's the great book a lot of people say it to be. Some bits are amazing, some are quite slow and tough to get through...

Keep at it though, it's worth the read :smile:

I'm thinking I may come back to it in a few weeks, actually.

I'm in the middle of exams at the moment, so I'd rather be reading something requiring less effort with the free time I do have! I feel like I'm forcing myself to get through each page at the moment :frown:
Reply 2224
Started The Sign of the Four by Arthur Conan Doyle last night. Enjoying it so far.
You Against Me by Jeny Downham and still trying to finish The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides, although that's mainly for revision purposes :/ Some parts are so boring but he's pretty good at making up speeches.
'My Cousin Rachel' by Daphne Du Maurier - only started it on Monday and am nearly finished now. Safe to say I'm enjoying it! Hoping to pick up 'Rebecca' on the cheap somewhere to add to the collection :smile:
Original post by AnnaChristina
'My Cousin Rachel' by Daphne Du Maurier - only started it on Monday and am nearly finished now. Safe to say I'm enjoying it! Hoping to pick up 'Rebecca' on the cheap somewhere to add to the collection :smile:

Rebecca is a really good book! Get it as soon as you can, it's an amazing read :smile:
HUNGER GAMES, so awsome and the books are so cheep on the kindle which i have had for 4 weeks and have read, ian rankin knots and crossess, the crew dougie brimson (free) top dog dougie brimson
Reply 2229
Thomas Mann's Doctor Faustus. As I continue my wander through literature centred on early 20th Century Germany.
I recently acquired several dozen antique volumes from my great uncle's house (he's very elderly, and thus moved into a care home), after he gave me the green light to 'take what you want lad'!

Among those I took liberty of were an early printing of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, a Victorian Canterbury Tales, an eight-volume calfskin collection of Goethe's works, some art books from the 1920s, and a load of early Penguin paperbacks!
Reading Hitch-22 at the moment. Fantastic book but he does like to drop a lot of names; I have to resist the urge not to Google them.
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

Don't get how people have found it terrible, kindle says im only 27% of the way through but so far it seems good enough
Original post by adam271
Reading Hitch-22 at the moment. Fantastic book but he does like to drop a lot of names; I have to resist the urge not to Google them.

I loved this book so much. I agree he does name drop a lot, but I love Christopher Hitchens.
The Magician's Guild - Trudi Canavan.
It's pretty good so far :biggrin:
Sophie's World
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Rebecca is a really good book! Get it as soon as you can, it's an amazing read :smile:

Bought it yesterday :smile: - am halfway through an Agatha Christie at the moment, but it's definitely next on the list :biggrin:
Reply 2237
I'm re-reading The Hobbit.

Wanting to refresh the memory, but do it far enough ahead of the film release that anything left out won't annoy me too much.
The Guardian - Nicholas Sparks :biggrin:
Still - still - reading Arnold's 'Culture and Anarchy', but I am now resolved to pick up my rate of reading; I really have no excuse whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending