The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by RavenclawRiver
Would you recommend Cloud Atlas then? I have seen it in book shops and wondered whether or not I would enjoy it.

I'm currently reading The Vanishing Act by Mette Jakobsen

Buy it now, do not delay, buy it buy it BUY IT. :angry:
Patricia Cornwell - Postmortem
About a quarter of the way through Sick Notes by Tony Copperfield, also started A Dance With Dragons yesterday :smile:
Original post by Ronove
Buy it now, do not delay, buy it buy it BUY IT. :angry:

Wow, OK! :L
Bill Brysons The short history of nearly everything.
Reply 3985
White Teeth by Zadia Smith

Read the first 50 pages so far, can't see it being a book I'll massively enjoy.
Reply 3986
Just started World War Z by Max Brooks.
Original post by Ronove
Just started World War Z by Max Brooks.

Fantastic book :wink:
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

It is quite an easy read so far, about a third of the way through. Just finished reading the Book Thief by Markus Zusak, which was quite good
I'm currently reading The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness. It hasn't gripped me anywhere near as much as The Knife of Never Letting Go just yet.
Original post by Charlesworth
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

Ah I saw the film of this a while back and really enjoyed it.
Never knew it was a book though! Will have to give that a read, thanks :smile:
Original post by Ian80
Ah I saw the film of this a while back and really enjoyed it.
Never knew it was a book though! Will have to give that a read, thanks :smile:

It is quite good so far - I'm finding it a pretty quick read (compared to the other book I read anyway!)
Trying to balance a couple of books which isn't really working haha. Mainly focusing on The Spy Who Came In From the Cold by John Le Carre. Also, All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque which is taking a back seat :P Can anyone recommend any other books for me. Preferably war/political/international relations books or any really! Much appreciated.
Reply 3993
Just started On a winter's night a traveller by Italo Calvino and I'm finding it a joy to read. Not usually overly enamoured with postmodernist fiction, but this is both readable and highly stimulating.
My third re-run of the eragon series, a must read!
Just finished Deep Nutrition.

My next book: Occidentalism: A Short History of Anti-Westernism

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1843542870

Posted from TSR Mobile
'What are the seven wonders of the Ancient World?' (reference book) at the house.

'The Hobbit' (albeit about 5 years too late :P) in school.
Original post by SharksKeepMoving
I'm currently reading The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness. It hasn't gripped me anywhere near as much as The Knife of Never Letting Go just yet.

I hated this book!
Original post by katehlouise
Yeah. I'm just really loving Sherlock right now aha!
Watched the series after reading the first books and just have to read them all now :3

I found The Sign of the Four my least favourite of his 4 novels. I thought that Hound of the Baskervilles was superb!
America, Kafka

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending