This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
After my thread about the hardest interview ever the manager phoned me up and said I was very impressed with my knowledge and my apparant attitude towards team work (I just quoted text book for this).

I'm so pleased and feel so lucky managing to get a job earning £8 an hour as an undergraduate even though its only one day a week.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
After my thread about the hardest interview ever the manager phoned me up and said I was very impressed with my knowledge and my apparant attitude towards team work (I just quoted text book for this).

I'm so pleased and feel so lucky managing to get a job earning £8 an hour as an undergraduate even though its only one day a week.
Congratulations!!!!!!!

:cool:
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well done!
pedy1986
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

£8 to to die for!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Lol that's nice.

You don't know what they were really looking for. Maybe they think more shy, geeky people make better web designers. They probably do.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That's fantastic. Well done
Agrippina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Hey well done, that's great Go you!
Nicci_babe
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well done thats amazing XX
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yay for you hunni - iknew you could do it. That'll show Maplin
AT82
Rep:
?
That is the irony of it, I am not good enough for a shop assitant job in Maplin despite my knoledge of consumer electrical goods but for a higher paid web development job I can get the job.

I'm so please because I had written myself off but last week I just thought I may as well apply and see what happens.
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Congrats
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That is the irony of it, I am not good enough for a shop assitant job in Maplin despite my knoledge of consumer electrical goods but for a higher paid web development job I can get the job.

I'm so please because I had written myself off but last week I just thought I may as well apply and see what happens.
A first step towards even better jobs.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
congratulations
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well done!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nice one you've managed to get the ideal student job - something above the normal bar work / shelftstacking, and earning significantly more as well.

Good luck, hopefully you'll find it interestind and its close enough to your chosen field of work to be useful when applying for full time jobs.

Wish I had something like that.

Tom
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

well done. i need money. you dont have any spare do you? obviously you do at 8 squid an hour!
AT82
Rep:
?
I think what got me the job was the fact as apart of the my degree we have to do mickey mouse stuff such as team work. I was able to answer all the questions regarding this because I had studied it. For example how you do deal with working in a team I answered "you have to regonise that everybody is different and has different qualities, this is the whole point of team work and different qualities mean input to the project will be better thus ensuring a more dynamic team" some waffle like that anyway. Of course the fact I answered all the technical questions such as how do you make a site that disabled people can access correctly also helped.

There is no way I would have got the job before going to university even though I could do the actual coding because my personal qualities would not have been good enough.
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well done! You deserve it!
Bitewing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nice one, - well done!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think what got me the job was the fact as apart of the my degree we have to do mickey mouse stuff such as team work. .
Well done! It sounds like you deserved it!
Ad £8 an hour is pretty decent.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads