This discussion is closed.
markh86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm just wondering whether universities send letters of rejection as I have lost my UCAS password and can't be bothered to phone and get another.
Philibob
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You might not get a letter from the university, but you'd probably get a letter from UCAS if a university rejects you
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by markh86)
I'm just wondering whether universities send letters of rejection as I have lost my UCAS password and can't be bothered to phone and get another.
you'll get a letter from UCAS too
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Philibob)
You might not get a letter from the university, but you'd probably get a letter from UCAS if a university rejects you
Not probably, you'd definetly get a letter from UCAS saying you were unsuccessful.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yes everything that would be online gets posted to you, it's just that if you check the online tracker you generally hear before you would through the post (for obvious reasons)
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes they wait for after a week or so of hearing from the uni to see if you get anyother rejections so it saves postage. They only send offers out immediately.
Ive noticed offers come in white envelopes and rejections come in brown!
Beware the brown!!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
Yes they wait for after a week or so of hearing from the uni to see if you get anyother rejections so it saves postage. They only send offers out immediately.
Ive noticed offers come in white envelopes and rejections come in brown!
Beware the brown!!
Hehe, but my offers from LSE and York came in brown, my rejection from UCL in a white one. Maybe it's more that UCAS reach for the first one out of the stationary cupboard? :-)
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
Hehe, but my offers from LSE and York came in brown, my rejection from UCL in a white one. Maybe it's more that UCAS reach for the first one out of the stationary cupboard? :-)
Yeah likely! lol. The brown ones were pre paid second class post, they are tight in that the rejections dont come first class
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
Yeah likely! lol. The brown ones were pre paid second class post, they are tight in that the rejections dont come first class
Indeed, i'd like to know if that is the shoddy service our £15 pays for :-D 2nd Class, pah! I can't remember, do offers come first class? All I know is that 2nd class post has really gone down hill, it took 4 weeks for my UCL rejection to come through :-D
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (56)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (177)
15.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (128)
10.97%
Lack of purpose or motivation (165)
14.14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (51)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.83%
Loneliness (101)
8.65%
Financial worries (39)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (56)
4.8%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.8%
Lack of real life entertainment (62)
5.31%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (104)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (104)
8.91%

Watched Threads